Whos This Dude?

raikkonen

G-man?

I 've actually posted this link about 2 years ago. Then I didn't know he was G-man here in this forum.

G-man?

I 've actually posted this link about 2 years ago. Then I didn't know he was G-man here in this forum.

Yes - that's an old article. I used to lift extremely heavy in my younger days, but I should emphasize that the form was very compromised and in many of the exercises, of very limited ROM.

The "Behind the Neck Press" was actually a behind the neck "push press." The reason why I called it a "behind the neck press" was because the guy at the gym who witnessed me said, "I thought you were going to do squats and you did behind the neck presses with that weight!" I didn't know that it was actually a push press.

I used to idolize the Barbarian Brothers and Jimmy Pellicia so some of my training style reflected that.

I have found that LOTS of people get hung up on form, unless they see Ronnie Coleman or someone else famous using loose form; then they are usually silent.

Edited by G-Man

At first I too was like "hell no", but after speaking to G-man a few times and reading his posts and what others who have trained with him have told me, he did use a lot of weight, but his ROM was not full and the movement was not strict by any means, that's what I'm told. A guy actually told me "he used an obscene amount of weight in the lat pull down, but he moved the weight 2 inches and called it a rep". The person who told me this is a pretty strong dude too.

I mean, G-man himself must understand why those stats raise questions and even LAUGHS from others. Just search Youtube and look for a video of Ryan Kennelly repping 405 in the bench and see what he can do. He's one of the best in the world at bench, too. Then you read G-man stating in that article he did 405x30 close grip bench press :D :D :D Like I said, I don't doubt him at all, but my guess is he unracked the weight (spotted or not) and lowered it a couple of inches and then locked it out and called that a rep. Also the standing DB curls: 145x9 reps. That is NINE reps? I somehow don't see them being strict, controlled with the bicep through the entire ROM. More like power cleans I bet.

Closed grip bench press: 225 x 154, 315 x 65 and 405 x

* Hammer Strength bench press: 745 x 1, 495 x 30

* One-armed row: 275 x 30, 385 x 2.

* Standing behind the neck press: 405 x 5.

* Side lateral raise: 120 x 4

* Standing one armed dumbbell curl: 145 x 9

* E-Z bar curl: 255 x 16

* Dumbbell wrist curl: 210 x 10, 120 x 100.

* Fly Machine: 100 reps with full stack of 200

* One-armed dumbbell preacher curl (half reps): 240 x 6

* One armed dumbbell preacher curl (partials): 210 x 80

* Hammer Strength shoulder press negatives: six 100 pound plates plus 260-pound spotter pulling down with all his weight.

* Pull-up negatives: (broke dipping belt and got kicked out of the university weight room after attempting 400 pounds).

these are the kinda stats i would of guessed voevoda was doing at his peak, maybe not even these, there incredable and insane.

I used to idolize the Barbarian Brothers and Jimmy Pellicia so some of my training style reflected that.

That is evidenced by your pants.

;)

Closed grip bench press: 225 x 154, 315 x 65 and 405 x

Very short, choppy ROM, very tough on the forearm bone (maybe a half a dozen gyms, 1994-1996).

* Hammer Strength bench press: 745 x 1, 495 x 30

The high reps were 6-8 inch ROM but the 745 x 1 was full ROM (Golds Gym, Springfield, MA, 1998).

* One-armed row: 275 x 30, 385 x 2.

The key was in wrapping the straps extremely tight - made arms more sore than anything I ever did but did nothing for arm wrestling. I counted it as a "rep" as each time the middle of the DB bar went over the bench - (Golds Gym, West Springfield, MA, 1994-1995).

* Standing behind the neck press: 405 x 5.

Really more of a behind the neck push press. Lift off weight from squat rack and push up until weight over head (not full lock out) to count as rep; used to get bruise marks on back of beck from weight (college weight room, 1996)

* Side lateral raise: 120 x 4

Super loose form - about the most I've done recently were maybe 110 x 2.

* Standing one armed dumbbell curl: 145 x 9

Right arm only - could not do left once - but without straps too; full range of motion but lots of "body English" - similar to Barbarian Brothers (November 1995)

* E-Z bar curl: 255 x 16

Very Loose form but full ROM - despite those many reps, I still was not able to do 300+ (July 1994)

* Dumbbell wrist curl: 210 x 10, 120 x 100.

Not that hard - rolling it off of knee and focusing mainly on top part of movement - actually doing 40+ with 210 thick bar today.

* Fly Machine: 100 reps with full stack of 200

Very truncated ROM.

* One-armed dumbbell preacher curl (half reps): 240 x 6

Should have put "partials" here - better ROM than below but very short ROM

* One armed dumbbell preacher curl (partials): 210 x 80

Should have put "microreps" here - rocking it back and forth with super-short reps

* Hammer Strength shoulder press negatives: six 100 pound plates plus 260-pound spotter pulling down with all his weight.

Obviously nowhere near free weights, but this was very tough but not healthy - tore pec one week later.

* Pull-up negatives: (broke dipping belt and got kicked out of the university weight room after attempting 400 pounds).

Was attempting to condition ligaments and muscles with this - would have been better off with lighter weight.

Respect for breaking it down in the way you just did G-Man. Regardless of form and rom, those are some very very big weights to be moving about.

• 3 weeks later...

bullshit...

no way if this guy was legit would he not be blown up all over the world of strength sports with these numbers....

• 2 weeks later...
bullshit...

no way if this guy was legit would he not be blown up all over the world of strength sports with these numbers....

Obviuously you 've failed to realized this same you criticized is actually G-man in this forum....

bullshit...

I don't train like that for the most part now - except heavy machine curls of course ...

One Armed Thick Bar Machine Curl 190 x 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=459vCaOwubs

I had plenty of witnesses back in the day when I used super-heavy weight/super loose form. One famous one the second guy (after Arnold Schwarzenegger) to win both the Mr. America and Mr. Universe in the same year, Matt Dufresne. Matt owned a gym where I trained at and his employees used to spot me on the high rep, heavy close grip bench presses among other things.

I haven't spoken to Matt in many years and never corresponded with him. But his contact info is as follows:

FaceBook

http://www.facebook.com/matt.dufresne

Blog

http://www.blogger.com/profile/15126652948120076057

Edited by G-Man

That is evidenced by your pants.

;)

ROFL! :laugh :laugh :laugh

• 3 weeks later...
bullshit...

I don't do most of those exercises any more.

I still train heavy in other ways.

From today ....

One Armed Thick Bar Machine Curl 190 x 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwhPHjCfXJI...re=channel_page

One Armed Thick Bar Machine Curl 170 x 20 (video phone ran out on 18th rep)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aIhGbS2zOA

Edited by G-Man