• raikkonen

• bobbrown

My guess of this match was 100 %, 5-0 to Arsen...should have bet some money :D

It's better to bet some money, than what Rob did :D

My guess of this match was 100 %, 5-0 to Arsen...should have bet some money :D

It's better to bet some money, than what Rob did :D

What did Rob do???

What did Rob do???

He bet what no MAN should ever gamble with!

Read between the lines. :cry

big is not strong...strong is strong - RVJ

I think it would be more accurate to say:

"Strong is Strong, Big or Small"

Because big can be strong and small can be strong.

Saying "big is not strong" is not always accurate.

big is not strong...strong is strong - RVJ

I think it would be more accurate to say:

"Strong is Strong, Big or Small"

Because big can be strong and small can be strong.

Saying "big is not strong" is not always accurate.

depends how you look at it but they mean the saem thing anywasy.

You may be right G-Man, but can John put Arsen in a hook?

After watching the Travis-Arsen match, all I can say is I have no idea.

It did not look like Travis was trying his best. Even if he was, would the result still have been 5-0 Arsen?

I really would like to see Arsen against other top notch pullers including John, Devon, Andre, Richard and Dave.

Engin said Arsen and John have both agreed to pull in Turkey with a 209 lbs (95 kg) weight cap. Date tba but he's thinking November.

And Travis may drive to a tournament and let Gerogie and Dave Chaffee beat him but he's not going to fly to Turkey and screw around when there's money on the line. See the first match, it definitely looks like Travis tried and got crushed and then he probably realized he had no chance so he might not have tried his hardest. I think Arsen will beat John at 209 lbs. too - if it goes to a hook, however, I don't know who would win.

travis doesnt need to win to get paid...he gets paid just to turn up. free trip to turkey and abit of money in his pocket, id do that even if i was gonna lose.

look in round 2, lol, travis doesnt even really set him self up.

arsen was stronger on the day and beat him, but i tihnk its gonna be silly to predict any other outcome because of this result because he beat a lazy bagent

Engin looks bigger than Travis.

even if i train so hard for 3 months for Arsen i still cant say that i can beat this guy

what travis said to engin, wonder when the last time travis actualy trained at all :s :(

travis doesnt need to win to get paid...he gets paid just to turn up. free trip to turkey and abit of money in his pocket, id do that even if i was gonna lose.

look in round 2, lol, travis doesnt even really set him self up.

arsen was stronger on the day and beat him, but i tihnk its gonna be silly to predict any other outcome because of this result because he beat a lazy bagent

But Travis hit harder than Arsen on the first match, he tried on that one but after he got killed realised he was doomed, and he's have won more money if he'd beat Arsen. "Losing" to Chaffee and Georgi didn't cost him any money at all John got the Harley Key but they were splitting the keys anyways and Gerogi got a better trophy... no big deal for Travis.

check these pictures out, shows just how small travis 's arms are now, or how big arsens are?

http://www.michaelswebphotos.com/gallery/9...611064775_vXTjx

http://www.michaelswebphotos.com/gallery/9...28_w2G48#P-7-15

Engin has some big arms but I guarantee Travis' arms are bigger, they just don't pop out the same way Engin's do. And if Arsen's arms make Travis's arms look small, well, don't forget that Arsen's biceps ate 19.5" COLD. Wait till he pulls John, no matter who wins, I guarantee Arsen will make John's arms look small, too, and then people will realize than it wasn't Travis' lack of shape, but Arsen's freakish shape.

even if i train so hard for 3 months for Arsen i still cant say that i can beat this guy

what travis said to engin, wonder when the last time travis actualy trained at all :s :(

I don't know when he last trained (I assume he doesn't just sit on the couch all day and still try to hang with the best) but 2 months before his match with Arsen, he gave John a pretty good match at the Harley Pull (as good of a match as he usually gives him anyways from what I've seen). So it's not like he was weak he would still have flashed 99.999% of the armwrestling world.

Neil Pickup:

"Travis never looked comfortable because he never had sight of where victory was coming from Arsen's Wrist and Hand were tremendously dominant."

Engin Terzi: "Travis said that he lost his hopes during the set up of the first match,he said Arsen set himself in a winning position and Travis couldnt bring him back to neutral position by his strength because it was like a wall.he said thanks to me that i brought the match to the middle as a ref but he lost his hopes right before the first match even started. "

SO Travis didn't go to Turkey to play around, Arsen was just too strong and Travis was smart enough to realize this even before the first match started.

Engin:

"in fact i see that Travis' reaction was faster than Arsen at the first 2 matches.first match he seemed to have his usual start but Arsen's wrist was too strong.second start Travis tried a lose grip drag move i guess which also was ineffective.third start either Travis moved faster or they moved at same time but he already was hopeless after first 2 rounds.he said he could have gone to strap but it would not have mattered.5. match again Travis hit first but wasnt effective enough.i also was surprised to see Travis giving up after first round and that is why i said "come on Travis,do something" which later became a subject of fun that Arsen reminded me at every possible opportunity :-[ but Travis didnt wanna try and that is why he said "even if i train so hard for 3 months for Arsen i still cant say that i can beat this guy".

so in short Arsen was stronger and Travis took the defeat as a real sportsman. "

good poitns josh but you seem to think everytime 2 ppl agree to pull each other, there gonna be in their best shape. arsen was. bagent wasnt. but i still think arsen would win. its just strange that travis had nothing for him. you really think arsen can be that much stronger than an inshape travis. cause if you do, then hes gonna pull brzenks arm off, and devons too. :s

It's interesting that after Pulling John was released, the two biggest threats are no longer Alexey Voevoda (retired) and Travis (no longer as dominant).

The two new potential biggest threats are one from North America (Devon) and one from Russia (Arsen) as well. Pretty cool how that worked out. :cool

I don't know raikkonen but I do think that Arsen would beat Travis at his best. Like I said, Travis gave Brzenk a good match at the Harley Pull - that's a 230 lbs. Brzenk who, according to Travis, said he was the strongest he ever was. So I don't think Travis can have been a long ways of from his best. And he could tell Arsen was way to strong for him just from the set-up. People say "Travis wasn't as his best" like he was only at 50%. Think about it this way,i If Arsen had lost would the Russians say that Arsen wasn't in his best shape, that he was too light, that he didn't have enough time to prepare for Travis? Maybe Arsen is just that good, that strong.

ok but if you dont think travis is far from his best, then rly, when he pulls brzenk and devon, he really should send them flying in orbit judging by the videos .

Maybe, but styles make matches. As was said on the NE Board, with Travis's style he's pretty much going to flash someone or get beat pretty quick. And I do think Arsen will beat anybody. But I could be wrong. I wouldn't bet on a Devon/Arsen match just now but if it got set up and somebody made a poll on it, I'd vote for Arsen. Just my opinion. But like I said, styles make matches. Travis is 100% toproll. Arsen has too strong of wrists to be toprolled. But John might be able to force him into a hook and then I think he's got a chance to beat him. If John and Arsen pull with no weight limit, I'd say right now John would win IF he can force Arsen into a hook. Travis on the other hand, if he can't toproll somebody he pretty much can't beat them, imo.

Josh, maybe Bob Brown can shed some light, but I think Brzenk being at the "strongest" may not mean at his best... one thing I've learned from Bob (after him telling me about a million times, heh) is that with John (who's 45 and has been actively pulling for 30 years), health is even more of a factor than strength. He's not at his healthiest I think, and according to Bob, that's even more important than his strength. I think he injured his shoulder while pulling Denis, which is an old injury that sometimes re-appeares. In fact, we've discussed this at length and it sounds to me that a 209 John that is 100% healthy would be much more dangerous than a 225 John with a few nagging pains, so it's funny to see EVERYONE just talking about the weight as if it were only thing that matters. I hope he gets healthy and spanks some people's butt :D

I agree being your strongest doesn't mean your best but I do believe John was in good shape at the Harley Pull. Bob, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes he was in good shape. But not 100 % healthy and pain free. I do believe that John can get as strong as he ever was but I dont think he can get to either the endurance shape or 100% healthy and pain free again. He could if he picked one event 6 month to a year out and only trained for that and concentrated on Healing but I know he will constantly pull events and never heal totally.

I myself am trying to only train and heal so maybe I can do something special for 2010 Nationals and Worlds.

see the picture on 348 gallery where Travis and Arsen compares their hands...

Travis has a bigger hand... and he had serious problems to top-roll Arsen...

It doesn't mean as an "Hand-size" problem but I think the back pressure of

Arsen is HUGE!! maybe proportional to his arms/back. (and not so many pullers

have the AW strength proportional to their dimensions Denis teaches) John and Devon

have thicker hands and an incredible AW technique and they can support well

that type of wrist strength that kills EVERY top-roll puller, supporting that they

can focus to hook him.

IMO

I know that John is very busy with all the event he has.... but to do this type of

challenge he MUST focus only to that... as Devon made with their challenge last year.

IMO as well

Bob: You're rent for an updating course at worlds

(i must have a guide... and i've decided for you :D ) :help