Brookfield Braced Bending Question

Tim71

I've been reading one of Brookfield's books that shows a section on braced bending and was kinda blown away by some of his claims.

First, he states that bending a 4 foot by 3/4 inch round bar around the neck is world class. Can anybody on here do that? I mean, starting the bar behind your neck with one hand on each end or near the end and bringing it around until it's a "U".

I know that for his pics he'll pose with a bar that he necessarily can't bend. For instance, he shows bending in the teeth with a 3/4 inch bar but he himself says that nobody can probably do bigger than 5/8 inch.

He does say plainly that he can bend a 3/4 by 3 foot bar in a bow bend. In other words, put one end on your thigh, grap the other end with one hand, brace the bar in the middle with the other hand and just bend if from straight that way. Again, can anbody on here even come remotely close to this?

I could possibly see Geoff Capes bending a 3/4 by 4 footer WSM style since he bends the 11/16 fairly easy and doesn't use all the 4.5 foot length.

Has anybody ever seen vids of Brookfield accomplishing any of these feats? Anbody on here ever tried any of these? I know Slim bends a 1/2 inch by 1 inch flat bar about 3 foot long in the bow style after starting it over his thigh and it's probably about the same strength as 5/8 square plus slim is in his late 60s when he does it on the vid.

Anybody?

Tim

The only bending I've seen personally with 3/4 was started braced on the butt and pulled at each end. Started behind the neck? Hmmm...

The only bending I've seen personally with 3/4 was started braced on the butt and pulled at each end. Started behind the neck? Hmmm...

3/4" x 4' behind the kneck maybe Mike the Machine he certainly has the kneck strength wether he has the chest,shoulder and arm strength also to pull this off who knows.

5/8" in the teeth i assume HRS but how long ive done 1/2" i think its possible the Atom certainly has done it.

Big Steve maybe.

Theres a guy on Adam Glass site who bends a horseshoe in his teeth and makes it look easy hes also in his 60,s and is probably the best bender of steel etc in his mouth on the PLANET hes pretty good at other stuff as well.

Capes i think was a better bender than Kaz not as strong or as good an all rounder as Kaz but certainly a better bender he had more explosive power i certainly think in his prime capes could have a good go at it.

Again Big Steve is good at the old fish making then again so are you and the other TIM :D

Erik Vining is also a superb Schroller maybe the best.