Square Is Almost Dead

cberg

been feeling good these past couple days. before yesterday i had the 7 X 5/16'' square stuck at 18 degrees. yesterday i gave it a few hits and got it to 43 degrees. Today i was able to get it just under 3.5'' before it froze up on me. I think if i could get it to 3'' it would be toast. Gonna give it another go in a few days and see if i can kill it. Its a fun bend, wish i had more of these pieces. I will definitely be certing on the square at some point this year :rock

pic of the damage: http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124601428...2_990_79459.jpg

Nice Bend Man :rock I can see now, I need to get after it :D

That's BIG steel there - awesome progress! :rock I grab the one square piece that came in my bender's bag every once in a while and try to imagine what it takes to bend one.

congrats Caolan! It takes a lot of heart to bend this piece. i remember few months ago when the square bar was your kink training tool... IMPRESSIVE !!

awesome job!

Great work Caolan! I may give a square a try today, but after my last crumby bending session, I'm not too confident I'll do much damage, lol.

Nice Bend Man :rock I can see now, I need to get after it :D

thanks Mike. you still havent certed on this piece yet have you. better not let me beat you to it :tongue

Nice :rock:rock

thanks bro! just saw that hammer you bent. that thing is huge!

Very nice!

thanks Ben! since youre the steel guru i gotta ask, how does this compare to one of those ''easy'' KOABs. is it about the same or no

That's BIG steel there - awesome progress! :rock I grab the one square piece that came in my bender's bag every once in a while and try to imagine what it takes to bend one.

Thanks Perry I appreciate it. This is the one piece that came in my bag too. I remember using this thing as an iso piece for months! Then one day I finally wobbled it, man was i pumped. Just keep hittin it and you'll get it soon enough

congrats Caolan! It takes a lot of heart to bend this piece. i remember few months ago when the square bar was your kink training tool... IMPRESSIVE !!

Thanks buddy! It definitely helps to have great guys like you motivating me. with the progress you've been making, i wouldnt be surprised if you bend one of these not too long from now

awesome job!

Thanks Paul! are you back into bending now?

Great work Caolan! I may give a square a try today, but after my last crumby bending session, I'm not too confident I'll do much damage, lol.

Thanks man let me know how you do with it. Dont be too shocked if you dont get much damage. Im positive the kink is the toughest part. Once youre past the kink, i think you can get it

Very nice!

thanks Ben! since youre the steel guru i gotta ask, how does this compare to one of those ''easy'' KOABs. is it about the same or no

It's pretty close to the 665lb KOAB on the kink, but a bit easier on the sweep and crushdown. The only 5/16"X7" Square-FBBC that I've attempted was at the 2008 BBB - and I had already torn my rotator on the first bend - so I got only about a 4 degree kink in it. I still think the kink was very similar in feel to the easy KOAB. I later crushed it down after the shoulder healed so I feel confident saying it's easier on the crushdown.

Very nice!

It's pretty close to the 665lb KOAB on the kink, but a bit easier on the sweep and crushdown. The only 5/16"X7" Square-FBBC that I've attempted was at the 2008 BBB - and I had already torn my rotator on the first bend - so I got only about a 4 degree kink in it. I still think the kink was very similar in feel to the easy KOAB. I later crushed it down after the shoulder healed so I feel confident saying it's easier on the crushdown.

good to know, thats pretty much what i figured. The kink was really tough but the sweep actually wasnt too bad and i think i can crush it, ill find out when i try it again in a few days. Thanks again Ben :)

good to know, thats pretty much what i figured. The kink was really tough but the sweep actually wasnt too bad and i think i can crush it, ill find out when i try it again in a few days. Thanks again Ben :)

You're welcome man! I'd say you're very close right now to the 665lb KOAB. Anyone have one they'd like to send you? On an unrelated note, I'll be announcing an open invite a bit later, but I'd like to invite you to another grip contest later this year. It'll be in KS this time and in a great venue with so much strength and grip equipment on hand that it's mind-boggling to even try to read a list of what I put together regarding the load of it.

You're welcome man! I'd say you're very close right now to the 665lb KOAB. Anyone have one they'd like to send you? On an unrelated note, I'll be announcing an open invite a bit later, but I'd like to invite you to another grip contest later this year. It'll be in KS this time and in a great venue with so much strength and grip equipment on hand that it's mind-boggling to even try to read a list of what I put together regarding the load of it.

nah i havent been able to find any yet, no big deal though. that sounds pretty awesome and ill definitely consider it. do you know the date of the contest yet?

nah i havent been able to find any yet, no big deal though. that sounds pretty awesome and ill definitely consider it. do you know the date of the contest yet?

I haven't set the date of the contest yet. I'm going to post some details and then gauge interest. If there aren't going to be a bare minimum of a dozen guys signing up I'll scrap the idea permanently.