1hdl

Incindium

So last night I was lifting and wanted to do some thickbar stuff but didn't feel like loading/unloading my thickbar. I grabbed my 2" TDS thickbar that had a couple 45's already loaded on it that I use for bench rows(~165lbs) with one hand and realized I could just do 1HDL's but with the thickbar. Doing the 1HDL straddle style like we did at Gripmas last year but on a thickbar is a pretty nice training lift. I actually think it would make a good contest lift sometime as it is very hard on the grip but the weights are going to be light enough that there is no issue for those of us with gimpy backs. Plus 2" isn't large enough for the smaller hand folks to really have a disadvantage.

So last night I was lifting and wanted to do some thickbar stuff but didn't feel like loading/unloading my thickbar. I grabbed my 2" TDS thickbar that had a couple 45's already loaded on it that I use for bench rows(~165lbs) with one hand and realized I could just do 1HDL's but with the thickbar. Doing the 1HDL straddle style like we did at Gripmas last year but on a thickbar is a pretty nice training lift. I actually think it would make a good contest lift sometime as it is very hard on the grip but the weights are going to be light enough that there is no issue for those of us with gimpy backs. Plus 2" isn't large enough for the smaller hand folks to really have a disadvantage.

Humm! Wheels are turning - slowly of course in my case but turning none the less :blush

what did you pull in relation to your 2 hand deadlift?

Dunno... The 165lbs was fairly tough for my left hand but I could have added weight with the right. I haven't pulled a max axle dead in a long time although I've done something like 345-350 on an axle before.

Edited by Incindium