Ccs #3!

AuCraigCall

Strong close - now go do it officially before you turn 20!! :rock do it for yourself and for the legend, Jesse Marunde.

Strong close - now go do it officially before you turn 20!! :rock do it for yourself and for the legend, Jesse Marunde.

Thanks Sam, I am trying to get set up to certify as quickly as possible! I know you certified somewhat recently, if you have any advice I would greatly appreciate!

Awesome close! :rock I will add you to the CCS list. Was the gripper calibrated?

No its not calibrated, I am still kind of in the stone age of gripping and have not had any of my grippers caled, lol.

Nice work :rock

Nice close! Looked easy for you! :rock

Before i certified on the #3 i did very little deep (MMS) set work for my cert hand (left), and very high volume on CCS closes with my easiest #3. I did both CCS and MMS work with my right and, before my cert, was able to ccs my easy #3 right handed aswell. CCS for me has always more of an issue of technique than strength, the point of the high volume i did was to 'grease the groove' and get me used to putting the handle in the right place (further back in the hand and at more of an angle than i would for an MMS close) and so on. It is similar to what Richard Sorin suggested a while back - he says that multiple singles on a #2.5 CCS are the best way to train for the #3 cert. I trained my CCS closes with my easy #3 nearly every day leading up to the cert date, in the end i was doing 10 singles with my easy #3 and 3-4 singles on my harder #3s in the same session. Then i rested for 2 days, contrast baths, dexterity balls etc.. to keep the hands fresh then went for it and crushed it. I squatted on the day of my cert aswell, some light-moderate squats seem to boost my grip power. Hope this helps, good luck !!!

Before i certified on the #3 i did very little deep (MMS) set work for my cert hand (left), and very high volume on CCS closes with my easiest #3. I did both CCS and MMS work with my right and, before my cert, was able to ccs my easy #3 right handed aswell. CCS for me has always more of an issue of technique than strength, the point of the high volume i did was to 'grease the groove' and get me used to putting the handle in the right place (further back in the hand and at more of an angle than i would for an MMS close) and so on. It is similar to what Richard Sorin suggested a while back - he says that multiple singles on a #2.5 CCS are the best way to train for the #3 cert. I trained my CCS closes with my easy #3 nearly every day leading up to the cert date, in the end i was doing 10 singles with my easy #3 and 3-4 singles on my harder #3s in the same session. Then i rested for 2 days, contrast baths, dexterity balls etc.. to keep the hands fresh then went for it and crushed it. I squatted on the day of my cert aswell, some light-moderate squats seem to boost my grip power. Hope this helps, good luck !!!

A lot of helpful ideas in there Sam. Thanks a lot!

You can read my thoughts on the #3 cert preparation in the article I wrote in my blog.

Nice work!

I agree with much of what you wrote. I only practice the CCS with the #3 right now. I am actually just a hair off closing a BBE, and if my parallel set technique didnt suck so bad Im pretty sure I could shut it now, so Im definitely trying to push past the #3 and on to the heavier grippers. Great article, and thanks for the advice!

Are you planning to certify any time soon?

Are you planning to certify any time soon?

I havent contacted Ironmind yet or anything, but I dont think that Im too far away from being ready to go for it. Im just waiting to get a little more comfortable with the CCS. I do turn 20 in October and want to certify before then.

Edited by AuCraigCall