2 Finger Pullups

big nasty

I have lost a bunch of weight over the last year and a half 3lbs short of a 100 so far I have been doing lot's of pullup's lately. This weekend i put a set up in my garage and was playing doing grip and pullup's had done quit a few already and thought I would try a 2 finger pullup to my suprise I got 2. I was pretty happy considering a year ago I couldnt do 1 regular pullup lol. I tried a 1 finger not there anytime soon I think if I weighed a buck fifty maybe hahaha ! :laugh

Great job man. Soon you'll be doing pinky chins ! :rock

Your the man im just new to pullups so ive got a way's to go lol ! :D

Your the man im just new to pullups so ive got a way's to go lol ! :D

HAHA. . . I never said I do pinky chins !!! :D

seriously tho, your story is amazing man, the sky's the limit for you.

nice job!!! definately great for the grip keep doing them

It feels good when the ball is rolling! Nice work..and great progress within the last year. Keep trying new stuff, and day after day you will be inspired!

Congrats on the pull-ups and the weight loss! :rock

I've just recently lost enough weight to be able to do a single chin up myself but I'm still above 300lb. I was thinking about 1 finger chins and tried out the grip last night... I'm still a long way from even hanging by my middle fingers although I did hang shortly by 2 fingers each hand. It would be pretty sweet to do a 2 finger chin at over 300lbs although I'm likely to drop under 300 before I'm able to do that feat.

Congrats on the weightloss and the pullups.

Edited by Incindium

Thank's for the prop's guy's inspiration I dont know but my life has changed so much in the last year quit a roller coaster ride. But the training was alway's something I could count on to get back on track the people on this site have inspired me to do things I would of never have dreamed possible thank's ! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well added a rep I did 3 two finger chinup's wednesday just missed a fourth weight is 228 im going to loose another 8lbs by second week in september pulling light heavy at the state arwrestling tourny hope to add some rep's with that lol.

Guest Bullitt
Well added a rep I did 3 two finger chinup's wednesday just missed a fourth weight is 228 im going to loose another 8lbs by second week in september pulling light heavy at the state arwrestling tourny hope to add some rep's with that lol.

Awesome work Jason! That's huge!

I used to find 4 finger pull ups (index and middle finger) fairly easy. I was doing pretty much as many of those as I was the regular ones. Haven't done any serious pull up training in a while. <---lol that sounds funny if you think about it

Edited by Grippster

Great work Jason and well done on the weight loss, i know how hadthat is.

I do a lot chins and pll ups myself , excellent exercise for the upper body and grip.

I've managed 10 one finger chins at 275 lbs but like you i'm in the process of losing weight (pumpkin seeds) among other things !!!

The worst thing is the pain of hanging off the bar.

I do a lot chins and pll ups myself , excellent exercise for the upper body and grip.

I've managed 10 one finger chins at 275 lbs but like you i'm in the process of losing weight (pumpkin seeds) among other things !!!

Thats nuts im jealous ive tried some 1 finger put your right there is lot's of pain involved. Ill keep working at it lol

That's precisely the reason I never bothered with them. It's too hard on your finger unless you're a monkey. In my humble opinion I think the best way to work up to it is to just do the 4 finger chin ups (more support on the fingers, no pain) and wear a backpack with weight in it, and gradually increase the weight as you go and at least you won't be straining if it's too heavy. When 100lbs in the bag gets easy it's safe to say you can try one finger on the bar without straining.

• 3 months later...

Chris, you must mean one-finger on each hand right?

good job man.

I havent tried the 2 finger pull ups yet. That is really cool. I love doing pull ups and recently have been working on regular finger pull ups to do a campus board over at a indoor climbing gym.

Keep it up man.

good job man.

I havent tried the 2 finger pull ups yet. That is really cool. I love doing pull ups and recently have been working on regular finger pull ups to do a campus board over at a indoor climbing gym.

Keep it up man.

Keep up the good work.