Rb Narrow Grippers

Force

In average RB160 is just below #2. Again there is ridiculous amount of variation. You can get looser than hard #1.5 or harder than easy #2.5.

Next gripper I'm getting is the RB210N.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Is the RB210N right between the #1.5 and #2?

That's exactly what I'm looking for.

I agree with the original design flaw of grippers having such a wide spread.

Since everyone's pinky doesn't go around the handle, it definately means the handle spread is too wide.

I don't think there is any advantage in strength or training with a gripper that's past 2.25" spread, as opening up wider than that distance sacrifices your pinky coming off.

The regular RB's are great quality and look, but the 3+" distance between the handles is too much.

In my opinion normal gripper spread could be cut to half, 1,25" would be just fine. And narrow models could be parallel, 0,8" or something. And then use much bigger springs to get enough resistance.

Fortunately FBBC started to sell parallel grippers with some serious sized springs!

I like to use choker on grippers and just concentrate on crushing instead of setting the gripper before crushing.

The problem is once you get above 5/16 (#4 or BBGE) wire size the increments between standard sizes start to become incredibly large.

- Aaron

The problem is once you get above 5/16 (#4 or BBGE) wire size the increments between standard sizes start to become incredibly large.

- Aaron

Ok.

It's interesting how hard those FBBC parallel models P1 .343 and P2 .375 are.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a RB 300N from Wade's store. This one feels identical to an average #3.

The RB's are BEAUTIFUL grippers! :)

In average RB160 is just below #2. Again there is ridiculous amount of variation. You can get looser than hard #1.5 or harder than easy #2.5.

Next gripper I'm getting is the RB210N.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Is the RB210N right between the #1.5 and #2?

That's exactly what I'm looking for.

I agree with the original design flaw of grippers having such a wide spread.

Since everyone's pinky doesn't go around the handle, it definately means the handle spread is too wide.

I don't think there is any advantage in strength or training with a gripper that's past 2.25" spread, as opening up wider than that distance sacrifices your pinky coming off.

The regular RB's are great quality and look, but the 3+" distance between the handles is too much.

Here are some calibrations of my RB grippers

130 @ 83.47

160 @ 100 Brass handles

160 @ 102 brass handles

210n @ 107.5 cert gripper

180 @ 109

240n @ 139

210 @ 141 Brass handles

hope this helps

Edited by lone Wolf

There is very big jump from 210N to 240N. 210N seems to be on average below 110lbs. When the next gripper 240N is around 140lbs. After that the jumps are on average, quite small.

Edited by Force

Guest Bullitt
I just purchased a RB 300N from Wade's store. This one feels identical to an average #3.

Can you close it tns bro?

Got one from Theo(Dutch)...feels like a hard #3, 3.1-3.2.

C'mon Theo let me know where you rank it!? ;) quote "gripper is a tough one I must say!"

Can you close it tns bro?

I'm about 1/16th of an inch away. I'm hoping to have it within a couple of weeks.

If RB grippers are so nice then why wouldn't he use a better quality spring material like Warren does for beef builders? I like how they look but honestly wouldn't want crazy variations like that. They're as bad if not worse than HG.

I haven't seen any calibration data on RB's so far and can't tell how much they vary but you can't compare them with HGs... HG's are of really terrible quality. really really terrible and nowhere near RB's.

I haven't seen any calibration data on RB's so far and can't tell how much they vary but you can't compare them with HGs... HG's are of really terrible quality. really really terrible and nowhere near RB's.

I'd have to agree, RB's have a nice finish to them and are of much better quality than HG's.

I actually like the way the RB's feel in the hand better than BB's.

That's just personal choice of course - but I like how the handles are knurled on RB's and I don't think they season down like the HG's do.

1 IM Guide 60 lbs

2 RB70

3 IM Sport 80 lbs

4 HG100

5 .225 BB Beginner 100 lbs

6 HG150

7 .225 COC T 100 lbs

8 RB130N

9 RB100

10 RB160N

11 RB130

12 RB180N

13 .235 BB Advanced 140 lbs

14 .235 COC #1 140 lbs

15 HG200

16 .241 COC 2004 #1 153 lbs

17 PDA243

18 .250 COC 2006 #1.5 168 lbs

19 .250 BB Super Advanced 173 lbs

20 GM1 cert gripper

21 RB210N

22 HG250

23 RB160

24 .260 BB Master 195 lbs

25 .260 COC #2 195 lbs

26 RB180

27 RB240N

28 PDA262

29 RB260N

30 .273 COC 2006 #2.5 238 lbs

31 HG300

32 .275 BB Super Master 255 lbs

33 GM2 cert Gripper

34 RB210

35 HG400

36 .281 BB Grand Master 280 lbs

37 .281 COC #3 280 lbs

38 .277 RB240

39 .283 COC 2005 #3 290 lbs

40 GM3 cert gripper

41 RB300N

42 HG350

43 .277 RB260

44 .295 spring, 1/4" mount, 2.75 width MMG1 * 306 lbs

45 .295 spring, 3/16" mount, 2.75 width MMG2 * 315 lbs

46 .295 BB Elite 320 lbs

47 .294 COC 2006 #3.5 323 lbs

48 RB330N

49 .306 spring, 1/4" mount, 2.75 width MMG3 * 335 lbs

50 .295 RB300

51 .306 spring, 3/16” mount, 2.75 width MMG4 * 345 lbs

52 .306 BB Super Elite 345 lbs

53 .312 BB Grand Elite 365 lbs

54 RB330

55 .312 COC #4 365 lbs

56 .353 HG500

57 RB365

58 .331 BB Pro 430 lbs

59 .345 BB World Class 470 lbs

60 .353? BB Galaxy 565 lbs

61 .362 BB Super Galaxy

62 .375 BB Grand Galaxy

63 RBWT

I bought RB260N also to bridge between CoC#2 and CoC#2,5 (a bit suggested in this hierarchy as well), but it really feels heavier than my CoC#2,5.

I can tell this for sure when trying severe negatives.

Together I also bought RB280N, not mentioned in this list, assuming it would be slightly heavier than CoC#2,5 or midway to the CoC#3, but it feels closer to my hard 3.

So they both turned out to be one step heavier than I expected, which makes them of little use for me now (apart from negatives on the RB280N instead than on the 3).

I like their look, but now I guess I'll work up to the 2,5 without bridges, or I'd have to buy other lighter RBs narrow grip...

I'd have to agree, RB's have a nice finish to them and are of much better quality than HG's.

That's just personal choice of course - but I like how the handles are knurled on RB's and I don't think they season down like the HG's do.

My HG grippers seasoned but they all seasoned the same amount and they all seem nicely spread out in terms of resistance levels, just the way they were supposed to be. If RBs are a lot better than that but still season considerably more than BBs then I'm not even sure how anyone could notice the seasoning on BBs if it's that little. I'd say you can get "lemon" grippers that are just terrible (ex. 190lb HG350s or 140lb HG400s) but normal HGs aren't that bad. I wouldn't buy them again but I don't think they're brutal.

My HG grippers seasoned but they all seasoned the same amount and they all seem nicely spread out in terms of resistance levels, just the way they were supposed to be. If RBs are a lot better than that but still season considerably more than BBs then I'm not even sure how anyone could notice the seasoning on BBs if it's that little. I'd say you can get "lemon" grippers that are just terrible (ex. 190lb HG350s or 140lb HG400s) but normal HGs aren't that bad. I wouldn't buy them again but I don't think they're brutal.

If seasoning is the only thing that is in question - again - I can't tell you how much RB's season but in terms of production quality (handles, knurling, finish) RB's are top quality grippers and HG's are not. It seems to me that HG's are made by non-professionals as even I could build such low-quality grippers. The handles aren't even, the knurling is the worst I have ever seen on anything, they are just ugly looking -> just mass-produced non-quality goods. Of course you can still use them for training but if you like quality, don't ever buy them.

If seasoning is the only thing that is in question - again - I can't tell you how much RB's season but in terms of production quality (handles, knurling, finish) RB's are top quality grippers and HG's are not. It seems to me that HG's are made by non-professionals as even I could build such low-quality grippers. The handles aren't even, the knurling is the worst I have ever seen on anything, they are just ugly looking -> just mass-produced non-quality goods. Of course you can still use them for training but if you like quality, don't ever buy them.

I agree on exactly what you say.

But even for training, the HG's don't cut it - the close isn't smooth throughout and I remember when I had them for a short period - the handles were uneven. Knurling also seemed too smooth : very low quality grippers...not worth buying.

RB's are great! Whenever you can't bridge a certain level, look for RB's to fall right in the middle of what you're looking for.

Knurling, look, and feel of the RB's is top notch! I had a better time training with them than the BB's as they felt so nice on the hands. The only thing is the RB's have thicker handles which means you won't be closing the gripper as far and when you open to what your hands are accustomed to - the opening would be slightly less. This is just because the handles are slightly thicker, but overall they are still great grippers to when you're stuck in between levels.

Edited by DannyGrip

I bought RB260N also to bridge between CoC#2 and CoC#2,5 (a bit suggested in this hierarchy as well), but it really feels heavier than my CoC#2,5.

Together I also bought RB280N, not mentioned in this list, assuming it would be slightly heavier than CoC#2,5 or midway to the CoC#3, but it feels closer to my hard 3.

So they both turned out to be one step heavier than I expected, which makes them of little use for me now (apart from negatives on the RB280N instead than on the 3).

I like their look, but now I guess I'll work up to the 2,5 without bridges, or I'd have to buy other lighter RBs narrow grip...

From my experience those RBs are too low in the hierachy, my RB240N and RB260N are both harder than my #2.5. There don't seem to be many grippers that sit between the #2 and #2.5, I have a pda262 that bridges the gap quite nicely though.

From my experience those RBs are too low in the hierachy, my RB240N and RB260N are both harder than my #2.5. There don't seem to be many grippers that sit between the #2 and #2.5, I have a pda262 that bridges the gap quite nicely though.

RB240N and 260N are on average tougher than #2.5. RB210N on the other hand is usually easier than #2. RB180 is on average between #2 and #2.5.

Matti just calibrated my 300N and it was 144,6 lbs, rating 2.87.

It's interesting that there is 240 narrow calibrated harder than my 300N 144.6 lbs = 2.87. One RB240N is 146.8 = 2.92. There is two models between them, 260N and 280N. Talking about lottery. :D