Training Structure?

verdigriz

Gentlemen

I have started AW training with a mate and would like to ask you guys what does an average training session consist of? Is it basically just warm up and then hit or does it have more sturcture to it?

I have no idea what im doing is standard or not but heres how it goes:

1)Warm up by easily pinning each other with hook and top roll

2)25 hard hits left and right using whatever you can to pin them

3)cable work, using a pipe that has a cord attached to the top to attack the top of the wrist and then you can turn it to the bottoms position so you attack the bottom of the wrist

4)table top dumbell curls, heavily cheated, just whatever it takes to get it up etc..

Any information at all would be appreciated!

I am trying to get a few more ppl to AW too, fingers crossed :blush

Brendan

that looks like a lot of volume if you're just starting out. aren't you in agony the next week?

we never have much of any structure. sometimes one guy will have something they want to work, that's about it. I think it would be better to work specific technical aspect and not so many hits. that stuff will burn your elbow out.

that looks like a lot of volume if you're just starting out. aren't you in agony the next week?

we never have much of any structure. sometimes one guy will have something they want to work, that's about it. I think it would be better to work specific technical aspect and not so many hits. that stuff will burn your elbow out.

My wrists are a little sore, but all else is okish :) The guy I train with is a little weaker than I am (only in Aw) so the hits are not max all the time for me. Its all new for me and we dont have anyone to show us alot of technique, I have emailed around hoping someone who knows more can get involved with us :rock Until then I will keep doing what we do, but adjusted by what you guys tell me :cool

Thanks for the reply!

Looks pretty good to me. I don't count # of matches at practice, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 25 an arm - but we just pull on those days, no cables, wrist curls, ect. usually. We sometimes do lift though or use resistance bands, too... sometimes we don't hit either but start slow. But what you're doing looks just fine... this is coming from an amateur however.

From what I've observed most guys separate the pulling days with the "lifting" days.

Once I get few more guys to train with it will be seperated for sure :rock

For beginners in the sport practice pulling should be kept to about an hour once a week for a month or two. Your arm will let you know when you can do more, it depends on who you are training with. During a practice you should 1st try to figure out what type of puller you are: Toproller, hooker, shoulder roller their will be 1 style that you will feel more comfortable with and that will be your starting point of your training. Your table training should consist of Body and Hand positioning/grip at the table, Starts or "ready goes" should be practiced for quick hits and explosiveness, time under tension or pulling for endurance start with 30 seconds and continue to improve on that time this will strengthen your arm, practice in the straps, always keep hand and shoulder close even when you loose. You will need to learn all 3 styles I mentioned above. I have been working on these 3 styles for 19 years and continue to learn its been a great sport. I hope this helps.

For beginners in the sport practice pulling should be kept to about an hour once a week for a month or two. Your arm will let you know when you can do more, it depends on who you are training with. During a practice you should 1st try to figure out what type of puller you are: Toproller, hooker, shoulder roller their will be 1 style that you will feel more comfortable with and that will be your starting point of your training. Your table training should consist of Body and Hand positioning/grip at the table, Starts or "ready goes" should be practiced for quick hits and explosiveness, time under tension or pulling for endurance start with 30 seconds and continue to improve on that time this will strengthen your arm, practice in the straps, always keep hand and shoulder close even when you loose. You will need to learn all 3 styles I mentioned above. I have been working on these 3 styles for 19 years and continue to learn its been a great sport. I hope this helps.

Thanks alot Paul! :rock

I need to find someone who can show me how to do these things right, im hopefully gettiung some names soon of local guys who have wrestled.