John Brzenk Vs. Devon Larratt

darthsith19

Engin said on the NE Board: "John is terribly hurt on his shoulder while he was applying those side pressures without wrist control on Denis' incredible arms :( i guess the last match that he lost was not intentional but was because of the injury :( i hope it will not be something to effect his armwrestling career ... John will decide himself if he is healthy enough to pull or not but injuries can happen to any of us esspecially if you already have cronic injuries."

He said he doesn't know who else wants to pull Devon, and if John can't do it, he's gonna set up Arsen Liliev vs. either Michael Todd or Ron Bath.

"i just talked with Arsen and he said Devon would be too much for him as he is only 86kg at the moment.he said he would prefer to pull M.Todd and he is confident that he can beat M.Todd 6-0 but if Michael doesnt wanna pull then he would pull Ron Bath as well without guessing what the score would be."

I hope John heals up well, but I would love to see Arsen Liliev vs. Ron or Michael. We always see Arsen crushing Europeans so, I don't think he's ever pulled any top USA guys and I think those match-ups would be awesome and Arsen is ranked 1 spot ahead of Michael!

Hey man maybe I'm the only one, but John vs. Devon remath, Arsen vs. Ron Bath, Arsen vs. Michael Todd, Ron Bath vs. Denis Cyplenkov, Ron Bath vs. Andrey Pushkar, Richard Lupkes vs. Andrey Pushkar, Richard Lupkes vs. Denis, Richard Lupkes vs. John Brzenk, Arsen Liliev vs. John Brzenk at 209 lbs., Michael Todd vs. Denis Cyplenkov, Travis Bagent vs. Denis left handed, Devon Larratt vs. Andrey Pushkar left handed - any of these matches would excite me a LOT. And at least one of them is going to happen in less than 5 weeks (one of the first 3). I wish John wasn't hurt, but whichever match gets set up I'm happy!

Edited by Josh H

Hey man maybe I'm the only one, but John vs. Devon remath, Arsen vs. Ron Bath, Arsen vs. Michael Todd, Ron Bath vs. Denis Cyplenkov, Ron Bath vs. Andrey Pushkar, Richard Lupkes vs. Andrey Pushkar, Richard Lupkes vs. Denis, Richard Lupkes vs. John Brzenk, Arsen Liliev vs. John Brzenk at 209 lbs., Michael Todd vs. Denis Cyplenkov, Travis Bagent vs. Denis left handed, Devon Larratt vs. Andrey Pushkar left handed - any of these matches would excite me a LOT. And at least one of them is going to happen in less than 5 weeks (one of the first 3). I wish John wasn't hurt, but whichever match gets set up I'm happy!

Hey man, I agree, but being the bearer of bad news you should ridiculed.

:D

Honestly, I don't think I was looking forward to another Brzenk-Larratt matchup. As much as I am a fan of John, I can't see it turning out much different than the last time they pulled.

I was watching John's supermatch against Ion Oncescu and while John dominated, it was not way the kind of level that Devon did to John. You hear a lot of people trying to explain that, but John went on to crush many of Eupope's best a few weeks later. Devon really is from another planet.

Right now, maybe only Randall and Lupkes (and possibly Pushkar?), might have a chance against Devon - but even they would have to be at their absolute career best.

Edited by G-Man

Kinda odd to find out John is that injured, because within the past week he was talking (playful) smack with Dave Randall on the NE board, suggesting someone set it up...

"I’ll PULL Dave …and I would prefer starting in a HOOK.

And ending it there.

Someone set it UP"

- June 24th

"Hey David I would love to make it back down there to test that press...

Sounds like you have some BIG believers ...Ron told me the same thing.

After my PAL match with Denis ...the announcer asked WHO I would like to pull next ...YOUR name was the first out of my mouth.

We can either do it at your house ...OR in front of a few cameras :D :D :D

I better work on my Biceps tomorrow :)

Good luck with your benching."

- June 24th

Good point nostyle126! I'd love to see Devon go against Lupkes, Randall, or Pushkar in a HOOK! I think he could flop their wrists back though (not sure about Lupkes, just because we haven't seen him go against any of the "elite" since his return).

where did pushkar come from. you wanna put pushkar with devon. what chance is that. josh you think devon is gonna own brzenk 6-0 and brzenk pawns pushkar like hes a little girl. the only chance therei s if its a left handed match.

and i saw lupkes get pawned by bagent and bath at last ROTN. but that was some time ago now and in all fairness lupkes was stronger than bagent, bath weas stronger than lupkes and bagent destroyed ron bath. funny circle.

where did pushkar come from. you wanna put pushkar with devon. what chance is that. josh you think devon is gonna own brzenk 6-0 and brzenk pawns pushkar like hes a little girl. the only chance therei s if its a left handed match.

and i saw lupkes get pawned by bagent and bath at last ROTN. but that was some time ago now and in all fairness lupkes was stronger than bagent, bath weas stronger than lupkes and bagent destroyed ron bath. funny circle.

According to Engin, Pushkar is "untouchable" right now.

Lupkes is a monster now - at or near where he was at his peak; he smashed Nick Zinna in their supermatch. Nick Zinna was 3-0 against Don Underwood recently and Don Underwood beat Tim Bresnan (and almost Michael Todd) at Arnolds.

Next time, will you please READ and also know what you're talking about before acting like that. 1) I said I'd like to see Pushkar vs. Devon LEFT HANDED or right handed in a HOOK. John and Devon were even in a hook - watch the second match between John and Devon where in the end Devon attacks John's wrist to win. Pushkar gives John a great match (John beats him like a little girl? since when?) in the hook and he hasn't gone against John since 2007 and I'm sure he's better now. He went through everybody at the 2008 Worlds like they were little kids. Bob Brown also has said he'd have to see Devon against some of the best European Pullers in order to believe he is #1. Pushkar is ranked 3rd in the world with the right.

What is your definition of pawns (pwns)? To me, if you pwn somebody, you are easily beating them - Pushkar has given John many great matches, and even beat him once (right handed). I can show you the video if you'd like.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwn

"1. An act of dominating an opponent."

For your last point - I don't know what video you were watching, but perhaps you should watch it again. The first match, Travis hit Rich with everything and Rich's arm barely moved. Rich then went straight sideways and put Travis down. 2nd match, Travis, after fighting the grip forever (which he only does against people he thinks have a good chance at beating him - Brzenk, Lupkes, Pushkar, ect), finally got his ref grip that he likes, then when he and Rich went Travis pulled out and it was clearly intentional. Now having the ref's grip, and strap, and everything else he wants, Travis pushed Lupkes arm sideways (moving his elbow) into the oversized ROTN pin pad - Rich's arm wasn't down, on a regular table it would never have happened. This was 2 months after Rich returned to the sport - just 2 months before that he came back and lost to Nick Zinna.

Ron Bath did beat Rich, yes - barely. Lupkes arm is and was stronger, but Ron bent his wrist back, and yes, it was impressive, and no, it wasn't easy, and yes, Rich gave him a match. Again, pwnage is owning somebody, beating them effortlessly - not this. Ron Bath has told me personally that if it weren't for the oversized pin pad, Travis would never have beaten Richard - in which case, it would have been Ron 1st, Rich 2nd, Travis 3rd. And yeah it is funny how the Lupkes, Bagent, Bath circle worked/works. Travis must be too fast for Ron but Ron's arm is stronger than Travis's and that's how he was able to beat Rich when Travis wasn't (or something... maybe?????)

Edited by Josh H

John and Devon were even in a hook - watch the second match between John and Devon where in the end Devon attacks John's wrist to win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN3cUwVIpaA...re=channel_page

Honestly, they do not look even here at all here. It appears that Devon was entirely controlling every single match and could have ended it when he wanted. Devon honestly looked stronger in relation to his opponent than Alexey Voevoda did in his supermatch with Michael Todd.

While I would like to see Devon face some other elite pullers - Randall, Lupkes, Cadorette, Pushkar, etc. - it would not surprise me too much if the result was the same.

John and Devon were even in a hook - watch the second match between John and Devon where in the end Devon attacks John's wrist to win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN3cUwVIpaA...re=channel_page

Honestly, they do not look even here at all here. It appears that Devon was entirely controlling every single match and could have ended it when he wanted. Devon honestly looked stronger in relation to his opponent than Alexey Voevoda did in his supermatch with Michael Todd.

While I would like to see Devon face some other elite pullers - Randall, Lupkes, Cadorette, Pushkar, etc. - it would not surprise me too much if the result was the same.

It's just impossible to know exactly how much the wrist issue affected the match, the sooner Devon pulls some of these other guys the sooner we'll know I guess.

G-Man, Devon toprolled John easily and beat him with a shoulder press, but not once did he beat him in a hook. In match 2 if he could easily have beaten him in a hook, why did he switch to a toproll to win?

G-Man, Devon toprolled John easily and beat him with a shoulder press, but not once did he beat him in a hook. In match 2 if he could easily have beaten him in a hook, why did he switch to a toproll to win?

I agree with you Josh, my take is John stopped him in the hook and Devon had to toproll out. If that isn't the case why did Devon sit there waiting for so long in the hook instead of taking him down?