Warren Tetting - Spoke To Him Today!

DannyGrip

Well, I decided to give Warren Tetting a call and finally get to speak to the founder of grippers.

We ended up talking for a full hour and I must say he is a great person.

His advice, knowledge, experience is just amazing. Every question I had, he had a great way of answering it.

I was getting chills when he was telling me history and how time passes so quick and describing his days of training hard when he was young.

He still trains today and he squats hard once a month as he tells me.

He's 76 years old, has 9 kids, still going strong and working in his shop making grippers and other equipment.

He actually was in the middle of customizing a gripper when I called him and stepped to the other room to talk to me.

He has great suggestions to improve grip strength and great opinion on the strength / fitness field.

For his age, such a sharp memory that he remembered the first gripper he ever designed and when he was making them for IronMind.

I asked him about the knurling and he said he wouldn't change it for the world. He'll design his grippers either w/ the sharp knurling or with no knurling at all (smooth knurling), but recommended to only get the knurling for training as it will stay in place unlike the non-knurled handles.

The great thing is that he told me he can customize any gripper to whatever strength you want on his lbs. scale. He'd calibrate it before sending it out! This is very helpful as even w/ half steps on CoC, the levels still have a big jump in strength.

Warren wanted me to send him a picture of me, so I was telling him to go into my facebook profile and he didn't even know what facebook was :)... He does have internet, but he doesn't do the email thing, as his generation was all about sending letters over the mail. Oh and does he have things to tell you about supplements, working out, protein, etc.

He told me which supplements to take for grip strength and said I will notice an increase in grip strength by 20% once my body has these nutrients.

I felt bad taking him away from his job for an hour, but he is so patient and will answer any question you have and will get into detail about it so you can understand clearly. I'll be getting a custom strength gripper from him soon!

Thank you for sharing that, it makes me feel proud to own some of his grippers.

So what is the supliment ?

Rico

The Mash Monster grippers are all custom made by Warren. :rock

id really like to find out what the supplements are, as long as its not horse multi vitamins im in!

id really like to find out what the supplements are, as long as its not horse multi vitamins im in!

Yeah.......me too! What are the supplements?

I'd really like to know what supplements Warren was talking about. The only stuff I take is ZMA, multi min and vit packs and, ON whey.

P.S. That's a pretty awesome story Danny, thanks for sharing.