Table Top Db Curl

thearm95

Had a go at Table top curling - starting with wrist below the elbow - elbow propped up by phone books

part of my training for the 1st Sydney AW competition on 26 July

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epqh7rcmaLk...feature=channel

(my bodyweight 185lb)

I know these are easy to use a lot of weight on - what are good numbers for this movement?

Looked pretty strong to me :blink

nice. ive heard of poeple holding 100kg etc from top heavy weights but 50kg is awesome IMO. but with only a motnh left till your tournament id stop all weight training and just arnm wrsetle until 10 - 14 days before the tournament.

Table curls were very popular with the arm wrestlers of yesteryear but you don't see too many people doing them today. I wonder why that is?

Anyone who is going to be strong here is going to be strong in the hook.

According to Milo, Al Turner has the WR of 217 (some say 223). Has any of this ever been proven?

Edited by G-Man

It is important to know how much of your forearm was resting on the phone book. I maybe wrong but if more than 2 inches of your forearm was on the book, then you would have a big leverage to initiate the curl. Not to say it's easy. Resting only your upper arm on a support surface and do this is much harder. Any way your wrist is strong enough to handle that much, very good.

Edited by fightertrainer

Thanks for the replies gents!

It is important to know how much of your forearm was resting on the phone book. I maybe wrong but if more than 2 inches of your forearm was on the book, then you would have a big leverage to initiate the curl. Not to say it's easy. Resting only your upper arm on a support surface and do this is much harder. Any way your wrist is strong enough to handle that much, very good.

- yeah you may have a point. Enough to ensure the elbow wouldn't slip off. The phone books combined with being on the padded bench sort of deform to fit the elbow anyway. I do feel it in the wrist - my wrist is getting close to failing at this weight but I could still hold it reasonably securely.

I've also been doing those arm lock preacher curls like Devon does in his no limits vid - yes they're harder for sure - especially as the forearm dips below parallel to the ground - I did 40kg for a single last week but that was with already tired biceps from back work and repping on the same exercise. I might go for a fresh max on these and video it just for comparison this Wednesday. Not sure if 52.5kg will be on but... :)