A Training Session With Chris James

Jose Jara

Hello,

I'm in Uk right now due to job and other circumstances. Today i went to Port Talbot and i trained with Chris James.

I put here the training session:

- The Chain: work up to 50 k d/bells. I push pressed it in the last set.

- Power cleans with 2.6 inch bar: work up to 120 k. I did double overhand deadlifts. WITHOUT CHALK.

- Double overhand partial deadlifts, above the knee, with 2 inch bar: work up to an impressive 360 k !! :rock I used mixed grip, and i stopped at 300 k, i can´t lift the 300....

Chris did one more set with reverse grip and i think that he lifted 430 k very easy. The bar was fully loaded and we can´t added more weight.

- Deadlifts with Eagle Loops, 2 fingers: Chris worked up to 270 k :rock I lifted 260 kg.....but with four fingers :(

- Reverse curls, 2.6 inch bar: work up to 50 k x 1. I think that Chris attempted 55 but no go. I lifted 45 kg with swinging, the sets of Chris were strict.

At the finish of the training, Chris did one arm rows for reps with 2 inch 100 k d/bell.

After this session, we went to the house of Chris. I saw his sons and Daniel, 14 years old, has quite big hands !! Bigger than Chris and mine, he has a lot of potential.

Chris showed me a video of some of his lifts and i'm very very impressed.

A one hand push press with 110 k on a 2 inch bar is absolutely awesome, Saxon´s lift with 2 inch bar 150 k lifting behind his back and put in the back, then to the shoulders and pressed...the to the front and put it in the floor :rock

One arm cleans with barbell with 115 k.

Push pressing for reps with, i think, 180 kg reps and 150 k x 10. Bench Press, work up to 240 k on 2 inch bar.

Clean and press with 75 k d/bells....

In the afternoon we did some lifting with his grip toys, a lot of pinching blocks and other things.

I'm very impressed with the strength of Chris. But he's not only a great strongman, he's very nice and humble and i want to say thank you to him and his family for all the kindness to me.

A fantastic day! :)

Jose.

Edited by Jose Jara

Oh! and between the 2 sessions we squeezed the Baraban's dyno. I did only 70 k and Chris squeezed 102 k :rock:rock:rock after the monstrous grip session. He told me that his best is 109 k.

The lifting with the eagle loops was with 2 fingers of each hand by Chris. I did it with four fingers of each hand.

Awesome! What a great experience for your, Jose.

Sick weights! :rock

For sure you had a great day, Jose.

I had a great day on Saturday, meeting my friend Jose again. We pushed each other on in training and talked all things strength!

Not only is Jose very knowlegable on Iron history, very strong in all movements, but also a lovely guy and a gentleman.

Oh! and between the 2 sessions we squeezed the Baraban's dyno. I did only 70 k and Chris squeezed 102 k :rock:rock:rock after the monstrous grip session. He told me that his best is 109 k.

The lifting with the eagle loops was with 2 fingers of each hand by Chris. I did it with four fingers of each hand.

Was that the current (more compact) dyno or the older one with the adjustable handle?

Great stuff, gents!!!!! :rock

Thats crazy strong then. :rock