For What It Is Worth...

1stCoC

I thought I stated pretty clearly that we made this 106lb. GLOBE dumbell(hollow and can be filled with shot or sand) as a display that a registered MEMBER of this forum(FAT BOY 250) lifted it exactly in the way as I stated in my,my son Berts presence and a few onlookers. Bert by the way took a number of photos which when developed I will share along with a one hand lift, carry while walking by me (with photos) measured with a tape with this bell for a distance of 137 feet.I noted this in the post "as an amazing feat" by Fatboy not some record claim. I was unaware of the rule 5 and sorry for my lack of skill in explaining the lift or my limited knowledge of grip would lead anyone astray.Richard Sorin

Richard,

I apologize. You do state in your original post that it weighed 106, which I guess I either figured was in kilos or I overlooked completely and took the reference to FatBoy 250 as its weight. You also do not claim this as a record feat and it probably isn't, altough it is certainly a very credible feat.

As for your lack of grip knowledge, you are truly a grip master and legend and will go down as one of the alltime great grip men, I am sure. Your stature alone should have been sufficient to cause me to reread the post more carefully. In fact, I did ask in my reply what I was missing because it was obvious I was missing something.

Anyway, please accept my apology.

Mark

Quit whining D. 1stCOC emailed me and gave me the thumbs up on upholding what's real on this board. So, I know he understands out of principle why I had to lock his thread. It also shows that there are no "favorites".

D, this was one of my concerns too if posts were to be deleted, but if the rule ends up stating that the thread will only be locked (not deleted) until visual evidence is provided, then nobody is prevented from sharing their story (just make sure you say everything you want to say in your initial post ;). Then, of course, once visual evidence is provided the thread is unlocked and conversation can resume. I don't see how locking Richard Sorin's other thread in any way prevented you from hearing the story. You read the thread, you got the story.

BC.

The HOLLOW globe steel bell with smooth 3 inch diam. handle that was cleaned and pressed then later nearly snatched (slight pressout) by Jason Rauch(Fat Boy 250 grip site name) with one hand was weighed on an accurate scale today. Instead of the spring scale 106 lb. it weighed 111lb on an accurate beam scale.RS

Did I violate a rule for my post to be deleted, or is expressing your opinion not allowed either? I'm sorry if I came off strong in the other post, but I think it should be up to the reader to decide whats real and whats not. If someone posts a story/claim (could be valid could be BS), members should be allowed to comment on it and/or question it. I understand the concern for documentation regarding a record lift, but unofficial lifts should at least be acknowledged as a possiblity and discussed as such. I'd like to hear about them, I'd like to ask questions about them, I'd like to decide for myself what to believe and what not to.

'D'

Please try the Diesel Power Forum.

It will test your (or anyone's) power of fact from fiction

division.

There is so much contamination there that many posts

begin with, if this is true, then...

We do not need that fog here, and although I do not know the content of the deleted post to which you refer, whoever deleted it deemed it deleteable.

This board is not in all ways a democracy, it is an

autocracy, as are any forums worthing trusting.

If someone posts a story/claim (could be valid could be BS), members should be allowed to comment on it and/or question it.

Comments and questions of this sort invariably turn into whining and bickering, which is precisely what Rule 5 is attempting to avoid. I certainly don't want to see someone post a claim and then have to sift through 20 follow-up posts arguing about whether or not the claim is true or false. It's much easier to have the picture or video clip available and then discuss the lift (technique, training tips, etc. rather than arguing about whether it happened or not). And although pictures and videos don't necessarily constitute 'proof' it's much better than nothing at all and will help keep 'internet BS' to a minimum on this board.

Ideally, of course, no threads should be getting locked because we'll be submitting our pics or vids at the time of posting or, even better, before the post is made. Competition being what it is though, I'd love to see someone like Steve make a post on January 4th at 8:00a claiming that he was the first to lift the MDB from the ground and that pictures will soon follow.

If locking posts ends up being how Rule 5 is stated it really shouldn't burden us too much to streamline our posts and pic/vid submissions. If we're to be enjoying sharing experiences and strength claims with one another I don't view how seeing pictures or videos, along with the text, would make that sharing anything but a better and more complete story.

BC.