Fatboy 250 .....amazing

1stCoC

We made up some special giant solid steel globe dumbells to display and the thought of doing much of anything with the largest(12 inch globes and 3 inch diam. smooth handle) was a head scratcher.Jason Rauch a super strong frequent visitor dragged this monster to the gym and after a few tries cleaned and pressed it then pulled it SO high and hard it was above his head and "rolled' right into a lockout with a slight pressout. If I didn't see it I would doubt it!We tried to weigh it quickly on a spring scale and it said 106...I will put it on a better scale to check soon.This guy is one strong kid!

Richard,

You are saying Jason Rauch took a 3" handle, 250 lbs db overhead in a one arm snatch correct? What am I missing? Why are people not jumping all over this - either to say congratulations or to doubt the authenticity of your claim? That is right out in left field. Roark - comments?

Mark

I think Fatboy 250 is this guys forum name.And the Globe dumbell was 106lbs..??? Which is still very impressive.

Must have some kinda hands to have held on to that sucker when it hits the top of a snatch. :cool

From my reading, it sounds like the dumbell weighs 106lbs. I'm presuming these globes were hollow, in which case, can some more weight be added? If so, that will be a nice extra event in your guantlet.

Anyway, congratulations on his near snatch, David

Since Fatboy 250 has put an Inch overhead (in the presence of Richard Sorin), a "near-snatch" movement of 106lb, even on a 3" handle, is not that unbelievable. Congrats on the lift!!

This is the kind of lift where, if we do 100% require proof, that would need a video and not a photo, of course.

Mark,

Richard's post has no meaning to me. There is no way

that solid steel (cast iron?) 12" diameter globes weigh

only 106 lbs.

Is the text implying a one arm lift- this is left out and should not be assumed merely because we usually think

of dumbells as one arm implements.

The 3" diameter smooth handle adds more mystery, as

does the mention that it took several tries- several tries

to do what? Clean it?

I have no idea what this post means, but rule 5 is begging

for recognition. Had this been posted by many others, rule

5 would be in gear, would it not?

Please cut me and the other mod's some slack. We do sleep and have other things going on. ;)

Closed due to Rule 5.