World's Toughest Grippers

tomaarigatto

No, that gripper is an expensive paperweight, a novelty item.

^

Pretty much anything above the GE probably won't be closed (talking average grippers with normal spread).

Guest Bullitt
No, that gripper is an expensive paperweight, a novelty item.

^

Pretty much anything above the GE probably won't be closed (talking average grippers with normal spread).

Hey Frank. I bet a gorilla could close the Universe. :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :whistel

I can close it. :D

..... with a 50ton hydraulic press. Totally doable no problem.

- Aaron

I've been working on my setting lately . As soon as I get it down I think I'll be able to close the universe. Probably just a MMS for now and hopefully a CCS by next year

Hi all,

Anyone knows who makes the world's toughest grippers?

I came across this one:

http://www.wwfitness.com/handgrippers.html

Is there someone who can really close the Universe version, which is 1000lbs?

Thanks.

The hardest gripper on that website that has been closed is the "Super Elite" and the 6 grippers above it have never been closed. The "Super Elite" is about the strength of the CoC #4.

The BeefBuilder grippers have very sharp knurling. I recall you had a post about not wanting knurling on your grippers - in that case the BeefBuilders would rip your skin as they are much sharper than the CoC's.

You are right Danny. I just kinda wondered. I surely wouldn't want that much knurling.

I don't understand why they are making those.

Also that 1500 lbs isn't really 1500lbs, or is it?

And what about someone who can close #4, should be able to close Grand Elite? I figured it's not too far away from #4, no?

Thanks.

You are right Danny. I just kinda wondered. I surely wouldn't want that much knurling.

And what about someone who can close #4, should be able to close Grand Elite? I figured it's not too far away from #4, no?

Thanks.

IMO, it's probably more.

It certainly looks daunting. Btw ignore my ignorance but, are you the Magnus Samuelsson? I saw some vids on youtube, it was insane.

Thanks.

Warren Tetting makes the 1500 lbs Beast Gripper just as a collectors item - it cannot be budged!

Check out the link.

The Grand Elite is harder than the #4 and no one has ever closed it!

The BeefBuilder ratings are slightly different. Usually you have to add 10-20 lbs to get the same lbs rating as IronMind.

The hardest grippers ever closed are the CoC #4 and the BeefBuilder Super Elite.

Grand Elites are pretty much similar to #4's and few people have closed them.

So it's most likely that a Super Elite is under a #4 and a Grand Elite is slightly over a #4.

Maybe someone can add some insight on that as I'm not on the level of those grippers to know exactly.

So it's most likely that a Super Elite is under a #4 and a Grand Elite is slightly over a #4.

Maybe someone can add some insight on that as I'm not on the level of those grippers to know exactly.

Grippers vary. Ballpark would be the safe term to use. GE's and #4's are in the same ballpark. Super Elites a bit under. But there are exceptions.

http://p2.foorumi.info/rautakoura/viewtopi...t=9&start=0

I should add that the reason behind more #4 closes than GE closes is most likely that there are simply more #4's around than GE's. Another reason beeing the #4 close having more appeal to it. Thinking only resistance, I could have named my ultimate gripper goal a Grand Elite close just as well. They are so similar.

Grippers vary. Ballpark would be the safe term to use. GE's and #4's are in the same ballpark. Super Elites a bit under. But there are exceptions.

The WC and Pro didn't calibrate as high as I thought it would. I almost expected close to 300 for the WC and most people assume 260 for a Pro. See, maybe they can be closed we just aren't optimistic enough :cool lol

Edited by Grippster

The WC and Pro didn't calibrate as high as I thought it would. I almost expected close to 300 for the WC and most people assume 260 for a Pro. See, maybe they can be closed we just aren't optimistic enough :cool lol

Added to '09 goals: Pro at flush mount :mosher