Rest

nostyle126

Just curious how much you guys rest your hands in-between heavy grip workouts. Some people apparently train daily and others can go upwards of a week between workouts. Any opinions on ideal recuperation time for hands?

I'm actually the same as you. I don't think there's really an "ideal time" for rest...it'll vary between workouts. I just wait until I feel I'm recovered from my last workout, which could be 2 days, or a week.

Quid pro quo, just see what works for you! ;):)

i would have to sayit varies, even with the same person .

I only bend at the moment but when i have done a really heavy iso session i have taken off 2 weeks sometimes if the tendons and ligaments are sore

I did this linky a few days ago and its pretty much ok now.

you have to gauge it by how you feel, but i think anyone would benefit from a complete week off every month or 2

That's one thing I've definitely noticed is that it doesn't feel like muscle fatigue as much as sore ligaments/joints. That's why sometimes I feel I need more rest. I also find that some unexpected spots get worked by my grip routine.

Thanks for the feedback.

Most of the time i take time off just to let my hands recover, i rarely experience any forearm pain or discomfort. At the moment i take two full days off in between workouts and when i say off, i mean not touching grippers at all. I agree with Liamcafs, i've taken the odd week off here and then and it helps a lot.

I don't like schedules too much. I only use them if I've hurt myself before and have to police myself to ensure the injury does not happen again. Otherwise, I train whenever I feel I should. If you're noticing perhaps a slight loss in strength and/or endurance or if you've gone a while without making any progress that is a sign of over training. In this case, give yourself some rest, whatever you feel is necessary because only you know how you feel.