Lightest Weight Person To Close A #3?

Relayer

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.

Who is the lightest person on this board to close the #3?

Who is the lightest on record (if this sort of thing is recorded or known)?

Just curious.

Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.

Who is the lightest person on this board to close the #3?

Who is the lightest on record (if this sort of thing is recorded or known)?

Just curious.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure Derek (vikingsrule92) was. He was like 145 or something when he got his mm0.

Frank,

I hope this don't show up on your goals list fo 09..........who was the lightest that could close a 3 and DL 550 one handed at the same tiime. :laugh :laugh

Rico

i thought there was some 14 yr old kid who did it?

He might have been a big guy, there's kids who are 15 that weigh more than I do, and it's not cause they're fat.

i thought there was some 14 yr old kid who did it?

He might have been a big guy, there's kids who are 15 that weigh more than I do, and it's not cause they're fat.

i know, i was one when i was 14 :happy

Does bodyweight really have much to do with grip strength? I know that generally speaking if you weigh more then there is more potential muscle mass, or there is more there to be converted to muscle, therefore making you have more potential to be stronger. Does this apply to grip stength too?

Personally I never thought size or weight mattered in gripstrength, I mean look at Teemu, no offence to the guy but I don't remember him being huge, he's just effing strong, trains hard, and does not let anything affect him mentally.

Frank,

I hope this don't show up on your goals list fo 09..........who was the lightest that could close a 3 and DL 550 one handed at the same tiime. :laugh :laugh

Rico

Uhhh, don't tempt me :D

Does bodyweight really have much to do with grip strength? I know that generally speaking if you weigh more then there is more potential muscle mass, or there is more there to be converted to muscle, therefore making you have more potential to be stronger. Does this apply to grip stength too?

i don't think it does, as long as you can get your hands around whatever apparatus you have a chance to be very strong.

Have you ever seen slim the hammerman? Dude is thin, however he has strong hands.

Rico

Youngest was Mike Sanderson - who was 14 at the time of his certification.

The lightest I believe was Yuichi Yokoyama. Japanese guy who weighs around 140ish.

I could be wrong, but I remember reading in Milo something about a very thin Japanese guy certifying.

i don't think it does, as long as you can get your hands around whatever apparatus you have a chance to be very strong.

Cool, that makes sense. All the better for lighter guys like me then :D

besides, you're only 16, you're most likely gonna get bigger my friend lol

Well, if you saw me you wouldnt think i'd be capable of almost closing a #3 i'm kinda skinny but tall so thats why i weigh like 165 lbs :) Oh well, exams over on monday so i'll be getting back into powerlifting again :D

I was about 145 lbs with coverall's and steel toe boots when I got my MMO. As long as you can grasp a gripper, you have just as good a chance as any. You are close. . . so do negs and mini reps to zone in on the final 2 mm's or so and close that thing !! :rock

Well, if you saw me you wouldnt think i'd be capable of almost closing a #3 i'm kinda skinny but tall so thats why i weigh like 165 lbs :) Oh well, exams over on monday so i'll be getting back into powerlifting again :D

Hey:

16 & closing the #3 - Congrats!

Anyway, as far as gripping muscles / power is concerned - size isn't a factor to consider success or not.

It just turns out guys who have size already, have some grip strength background and therefore might get to higher levels faster.

The muscles in the forearm that control the hand closing aren't the same as those that control the wrist flexing (these are the bulk of the forearm, closer to elbow). The only other aspects of grip muscles - are the tendons on the fingers and the muscles on the hand itself. The hand will get thicker over time, but still only ounces of muscle. Closing big grippers is basically hard work, dedication, and constantly taxing those grip muscles in a way which they come back stronger. I think anyone can do it w/ good training. Unlike bench or squat or deadlift or other lifts - there is a limit based on genetic & size capabilities.

Edited by DannyGrip

I closed Lonewolfs #3 in a choker when I weighed 135 pounds and my own #3 when I weighed 143. Now I weigh 168 (thank you GOMAD and squats!) so it's nothing special if I were to cert.

haven't closed a 3 yet but I have closed a pretty stout 2.5 and an even harder HG300 at a weight around 140lbs.

I am however starting a lifting program based around mainly squats, with other powerlifts, so that weight will change.

I do think thought that I could, and any other athletic person of normal size (no growth deficiences) could close a #3.

i think anyone with decent hand size and the determination to do it can close a #3, closing a #4 is where you will separate the regular men with determination from the genetically gifted with determination.

to find out which one you are, is very simple, try.

Be like NIKE, just do it!

Rico

• 2 weeks later...

I've read somewhere (if i remember well... on this board) that "Satohisa Nakada" closed the #3 at 60kg of bodyweight...

:bow