Some Grip Training Videos From Last Night, And A Question

BigTallOx

Here are some videos of my grip work last night.

Hub pinch lifts...

Reps with the Rolling thunder ( my left size is weaker, and I have a question relating to that below )...

Trying (about) 180 pounds on rolling thunder. I'm a whole lot closer than last time...

Now, my question. When I was about 17 years old ( I'm 43 now ), I broke my thumb. When it healed, it wasn't exactly straight and it kind of bulges out when I bend my thumb ( I guess I should take a picture, but can't right now ). It's never bothered me in anyway except it does make me weaker at pinching and the rolling thunder on my left side. Probably weaker compared to my right side than most people are, I don't know maybe not. Anyway, is there anything special I should be doing to strengthen my left thumb, or should I just continue doing what I'm doing and it will maybe eventually catch up.

Edited by BigTallOx

Guest Bullitt
Here are some videos of my grip work last night.

Hub pinch lifts...

Reps with the Rolling thunder ( my left size is weaker, and I have a question relating to that below )...

Trying (about) 180 pounds on rolling thunder. I'm a whole lot closer than last time...

Now, my question. When I was about 17 years old ( I'm 43 now ), I broke my thumb. When it healed, it wasn't exactly straight and it kind of bulges out when I bend my thumb ( I guess I should take a picture, but can't right now ). It's never bothered me in anyway except it does make me weaker at pinching and the rolling thunder on my left side. Probably weaker compared to my right side than most people are, I don't know maybe not. Anyway, is there anything special I should be doing to strengthen my left thumb, or should I just continue doing what I'm doing and it will maybe eventually catch up.

I can't speak for anyone else, but pinch work is what seems to have the best results on my thumb strength. Keep doing those hub lifts, plate pinches, blobs if you have access. The grippers and dead lift type stuff (i.e. RT) doesn't seem to do much for the thumbs.

Do you know who winterhaven is? S/he sure likes your vids

I have no idea. I've thought about deleting some of their comments but just haven't done it. I guess in a way I was asking for it with posts like the one I made walking through my front door, getting in/out of my car, measuring my quad (LOL). Probably shouldn't have put those on there, but the jerry giant guy was calling me a little guy :cry

Edited by BigTallOx

Nice work. It might be that the old injury will follow you for the rest of your life, but the good thing is it's painfree. If you have a mobility problem with that thumb, then you might want to try to work on that. Other than that, train as usual.

But geez, freaky youtube comments ... :blink

I have no idea. I've thought about deleting some of their comments but just haven't done it. I guess in a way I was asking for it with posts like the one I made walking through my front door, getting in/out of my car, measuring my quad (LOL). Probably shouldn't have put those on there, but the jerry giant guy was calling me a little guy :cry

It's good to see that you're building a fan base :D

If you have a mobility problem with that thumb, then you might want to try to work on that. Other than that, train as usual.

I wouldn't say it's a mobility problem, it moves a full range of motion, but it doesn't bend exactly the same way as my right thumb, and it's weaker. I guess since it's never been painful I just need to train/strengthen it. I'm guessing this grip stuff will be probably be a good thing for it. Thanks for your response