Captain Of Crush ?

jeremiah700

I was wondering if captains of crush has thought about making another gripper above the number 4

i don't know why though, only 4 people have been able to close the #4 under the rules so i'm guessing even less would close anything above that.

I was wondering if captains of crush has thought about making another gripper above the number 4

i don't know why though, only 4 people have been able to close the #4 under the rules so i'm guessing even less would close anything above that.

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/M...nsofcrush4.html

I counted 5. :)

Close a #4 officially then go ask Randall Strossen for a #4.5. I think he would do it if someone certified on the #4 under the new rules.

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/M...nsofcrush4.html

I counted 5. :)

Try counting 0 !

No one has ever certified from a legal starting position!!!

Joe Kinney maybe was the only one who might have been able to.

But that is up to skepticism if it was ever really done and nowadays he is hardly closing in on the #3, he's been off grip for a while.

So far it doesn't seem possible to close a #4 (or any gripper around the 200 lbs RGC scale) w/ a legal starting position.

You can see Magnus closing the #4, but yet he uses such a deep set and his pinky covers the end, you don't know what is going on. So until we have more people closing the #4 and Super Elite on a regular basis, Dr. Strossen won't bother making a harder gripper.

They all certified from a 'legal' starting position - as it was defined at the time.

Nobody has certified under the new rules though.

They all certified from a 'legal' starting position - as it was defined at the time.

^

^

^^ ;)

The Mashmonster certs are here for you to try and I'm not sure but the new mm7 I think will be harder than a coc 4. Also Tetting makes plenty of grippers harder than a coc 4.

The only person who might be credible in closing the #4 w/ a deep set is Dave Morton.

Joe Kinney - there is much skepticism whether the gripper was really a #4, as he could've easily changed the handles of the #4 to go on his #2 spring. Magnus always does the same, he starts the close with no one looking then when you try to see the close - the pinky is blocking it. Can the guys on the list close the #4 today? I doubt it.

The one inch parallel rule was only in effect for 1 year and was widely abused, hence IronMind requires the CCS.

Until you'll have a few guys who can CCS the #4, IronMind won't make anything harder than the #4.

Warren Tetting though makes grippers way harder than the #4, I think he mentioned something about making them for benders or something. Grand Elite is most likely slightly harder than the #4.

The Mashmonster certs are here for you to try and I'm not sure but the new mm7 I think will be harder than a coc 4. Also Tetting makes plenty of grippers harder than a coc 4.

I think the MM certs are great for those bigger guys who can MMS a #4 but most likely won't CCS it in the foreseeable future. Gives them some more recognisation of their accomplishments :D

I think the MM certs are great for those bigger guys who can MMS a #4 but most likely won't CCS it in the foreseeable future. Gives them some more recognisation of their accomplishments :D

I disagree.

The MM list is for anybody who has trained hard enough, not just big guy's. But those climbing the MM list are well on their way to a ccs close #4. A CCS close of a coc 4 is badass, but it is nothing but a mental block. . . a limit set by somebody. And you can bet, as soon as one person does it, more will follow.

Thank-you, Josh.

*clears throat*

Magnus disagrees

Nuff said.

Although, since Danny has a little ( :whistel:D ) respect for Randy, I guess this'll go a bit further:

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/A...hx_Gripper.html

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/A...aining_DVD.html

Edited by Magnus

The only person who might be credible in closing the #4 w/ a deep set is Dave Morton.

What?

Joe Kinney - there is much skepticism whether the gripper was really a #4, as he could've easily changed the handles of the #4 to go on his #2 spring.

:ohmy

Thank-you, Josh.

*clears throat*

Magnus disagrees

Nuff said.

Although, since Danny has a little ( :whistel:D ) respect for Randy, I guess this'll go a bit further:

Well done, sir. Also, do you still have that IM pic that I sent you of him closing the #4 with the handles clearly touching in plain view?

Why thank-you :D

I went back and found that PM, but the link doesn't work anymore. Huh. It's in the latest IM catalog, though.

Thank-you, Josh.

*clears throat*

Magnus disagrees

Nuff said.

Well done, sir. Also, do you still have that IM pic that I sent you of him closing the #4 with the handles clearly touching in plain view?

Why thank-you :D

I went back and found that PM, but the link doesn't work anymore. Huh. It's in the latest IM catalog, though.

Sorry I didn't know the specs on that. So he did close it decisively w/ judges witnessing it, but it was also a deep set.

What I was getting at was that in order for IronMind to make a harder gripper, there would have to be a few guys that are able to CCS the #4 first and this so far has never happened!

About what I said on Joe Kinney, it's not a surprise that many are skeptical about his #4 close since the only official proof we have is his wife as a witness and a photo of the close and another video which he toys w/ it making it look like a #2, considering he made his own grip machine and was a pro dealing w/ metal objects - modifying the gripper wouldn't be hard. Also, that #4 seemed to have mysteriously disappeared.

I disagree.

The MM list is for anybody who has trained hard enough, not just big guy's. But those climbing the MM list are well on their way to a ccs close #4. A CCS close of a coc 4 is badass, but it is nothing but a mental block. . . a limit set by somebody. And you can bet, as soon as one person does it, more will follow.

Yes i hear you but i think you may have misinterpreted what i was saying :) I just meant that if someone like Paul or Aaron had already closed the #4 with an MMS set and would need years of solid, dedicated training to think about CCSing it then the MM certs (at the higher levels like MM5 upwards) gave them a side "project" if you will, also with some recognition, so that they wouldn't become disheartened with grippers. I think that if i was stuck on a #4 for years and not getting anywhere with a CCS i would eventually become bored with the whole thing :(

Sorry I didn't know the specs on that. So he did close it decisively w/ judges witnessing it, but it was also a deep set.

What I was getting at was that in order for IronMind to make a harder gripper, there would have to be a few guys that are able to CCS the #4 first and this so far has never happened!

About what I said on Joe Kinney, it's not a surprise that many are skeptical about his #4 close since the only official proof we have is his wife as a witness and a photo of the close and another video which he toys w/ it making it look like a #2, considering he made his own grip machine and was a pro dealing w/ metal objects - modifying the gripper wouldn't be hard. Also, that #4 seemed to have mysteriously disappeared.

I've got a bridge to sell you.

I disagree.

Yes i hear you but i think you may have misinterpreted what i was saying :) I just meant that if someone like Paul or Aaron had already closed the #4 with an MMS set and would need years of solid, dedicated training to think about CCSing it then the MM certs (at the higher levels like MM5 upwards) gave them a side "project" if you will, also with some recognition, so that they wouldn't become disheartened with grippers. I think that if i was stuck on a #4 for years and not getting anywhere with a CCS i would eventually become bored with the whole thing :(

It took Paul a few months to get from barely closing a MMS 3.5 to TNS a 3.5. I suppose he will do the same with the #4 when he heals up.

I understand you on the other points.

Joe Kinney - there is much skepticism whether the gripper was really a #4, as he could've easily changed the handles of the #4 to go on his #2 spring.

You ever seen the video? The spring is massive - it is obviously a #4. Also look at the thickness of his hands. He weighed 170-180 and had thicker hands than i have and i'm 100lbs heavier.

You ever seen the video? The spring is massive - it is obviously a #4. Also look at the thickness of his hands. He weighed 170-180 and had thicker hands than i have and i'm 100lbs heavier.

Perhaps it is the case that he was able to close. Think he closed it w/ a CCS?

I never seen the video. I've heard he can't close it anymore though.

I'd love to see Paul Knight, Teemu, and Frank get up on those #3.5 certs.

It'll just mean we are getting closer to a possible CCS #4 Cert!

Ironmind 4s at that time were right at 3 inches between the handles. Kinney has 8 inch hands. He set the finger handle just enough to have his fingers on. I would say he started the close from about a 2 3/4 inch set, or in that neighborhood.

Ironmind 4s at that time were right at 3 inches between the handles. Kinney has 8 inch hands. He set the finger handle just enough to have his fingers on. I would say he started the close from about a 2 3/4 inch set, or in that neighborhood.

Wow, that is CRAZY stuff! I'm assuming it's just a tad over 2" because my hand is 8 inches too and when I move the handle just enough to have my fingers over it, it seems I pushed it half an inch to accomplish that. Regardless, that would count for a CCS Certification if it was done today.

You haven't seen the video? :dry What in the world were you basing your ideas on?

He also used what I would call a "compromised" handle position. Palm handle way back toward his wrist. This affords a wider starting position with the fingers on the gripper.

You haven't seen the video? :dry What in the world were you basing your ideas on?

He also used what I would call a "compromised" handle position. Palm handle way back toward his wrist. This affords a wider starting position with the fingers on the gripper.

Can someone post the Kinney video on youtube so we can all see this!