#3 Ccs Close

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Here is my first ever CCS close of a #3. Not the best video, and they are coming open slightly as I jam them toward the camera in my excitement :blush, but you can tell they closed. I'll try to get a better video next time, but I was so excited, I thought I would post this. It's still binding a bit at the end. I keep oiling it, but it doesn't seem to be taking.

Very nice, Mike :rock

Just keep at the oil. It took days for my hg300 to stop binding after I oiled it. My new #3 took a little while, too.

Here is my first ever CCS close of a #3. Not the best video, and they are coming open slightly as I jam them toward the camera in my excitement :blush, but you can tell they closed. I'll try to get a better video next time, but I was so excited, I thought I would post this. It's still binding a bit at the end. I keep oiling it, but it doesn't seem to be taking.

Congrats!! :rock

Very nice!

Awesome close Mike! :rock

I've been practicing the CCS lately too.

Guest Bullitt
Very nice, Mike :rock

Just keep at the oil. It took days for my hg300 to stop binding after I oiled it. My new #3 took a little while, too.

Thanks everybody! Sorry for the video quality. I will keep at it Frank. Oil and close... repeat. :)

Nice job. Hope to be doing the same before long :D

Great work :rock

Nice work dude! Looks like you have more trouble towards the end while the sweep is already quite strong, might want to file some gripper and train with it to fix that.

Guest Bullitt
Nice work dude! Looks like you have more trouble towards the end while the sweep is already quite strong, might want to file some gripper and train with it to fix that.

Thanks again everyone. I was thinking of filing down my 2.5 as soon as I can close the #3 with my off hand. Very close to doing that now. The other reason it seemed harder at the end is that I oiled it a few days ago and it is now binding and creaking over the last 1/2" or so. I keep oiling it and closing it to work everything in, but it doesn't seem to want to take.

But you are definitely right Teemu. I am much better through the sweep on all my grippers than I am at the end. I think it's because I had always trained without a set until about 2 months ago. I just grabbed them and crushed them. I didn't even know you were supposed to set the gripper. :blush In the end though, I think that will work to my advantage once I get better at setting. It definitely helped me progress pretty quickly on the CCS.

Thanks again everyone. I was thinking of filing down my 2.5 as soon as I can close the #3 with my off hand. Very close to doing that now. The other reason it seemed harder at the end is that I oiled it a few days ago and it is now binding and creaking over the last 1/2" or so. I keep oiling it and closing it to work everything in, but it doesn't seem to want to take.

But you are definitely right Teemu. I am much better through the sweep on all my grippers than I am at the end. I think it's because I had always trained without a set until about 2 months ago. I just grabbed them and crushed them. I didn't even know you were supposed to set the gripper. :blush In the end though, I think that will work to my advantage once I get better at setting. It definitely helped me progress pretty quickly on the CCS.

as the great Ronnie Coleman would say....... "YEA BUDDY!!!! YEA BUDDY!!!!"

Great stuff, Mike! You're going to smash the hell out of the MM1! :rock

Guest Bullitt

I'll just be happy if they touch and we get it on video. As you know, my videography skills are a bit weak. :laugh

Both of you are going to kill the MM1 :D

Great Close! I think the creaking is mostly psychological, whenever a gripper creaks I also tend to not want to close it - the sound lets you think it's harder. What you want to do is only oil the gripper once when it creaks (I like WD-40), then let the oil sink in for few minutes or more, then take a bounty paper towel and try to close the gripper and pass the bounty in between the layers of the spring. After you oil the gripper, it can take 10-20 closes or so before the creaking goes away. If you oil it a second time, the creaking comes back. Hope this helps.

You should have that CCS down perfect within a few weeks. Job well done - Congrats!

Guest Bullitt
Great Close! I think the creaking is mostly psychological, whenever a gripper creaks I also tend to not want to close it - the sound lets you think it's harder. What you want to do is only oil the gripper once when it creaks (I like WD-40), then let the oil sink in for few minutes or more, then take a bounty paper towel and try to close the gripper and pass the bounty in between the layers of the spring. After you oil the gripper, it can take 10-20 closes or so before the creaking goes away. If you oil it a second time, the creaking comes back. Hope this helps.

You should have that CCS down perfect within a few weeks. Job well done - Congrats!

Thanks Danny. Some of it may be psychological, but it's not just the creaking. It really sticks toward the the end of the close. Feels like it is adding at least 5 more lbs on the close. Could be imagining it I guess. Seems better today. I closed it partially and blew the coils off with one of those cans of keyboard dust remover. lol