New To Pinching

tchcalvin

Hey guys have been doing grippers for a couple of months and I recently decided to start pinching to develop well rounded hand strength. My first day I pinched 4 dimes for reps and 2 25's once. Is this a respectiable start for average sized hands? Where are most people? Im doing reps from the floor to waist and trying for 1 min farmers walk. Is this pretty standard?

--calvin

Hey guys have been doing grippers for a couple of months and I recently decided to start pinching to develop well rounded hand strength. My first day I pinched 4 dimes for reps and 2 25's once. Is this a respectiable start for average sized hands? Where are most people? Im doing reps from the floor to waist and trying for 1 min farmers walk. Is this pretty standard?

--calvin

Welcome aboard. I feel that those are good numbers. I started being able to pinch 2X25s and 4 dimes a well. Are you planning to do any gripping? If so, I recommend the COC T through #3. We sound about the same strength and you will smash all of them till #3. :)

Good luck, I'll be watching you.

Michael

--calvin

good start! :rock

I agree sound's like you have a good base of strength there ! One thing to try tape weight on the bottom of the 4 dime's to increase weight ! It's usually not the weight that get's people it's the width of the 5 dime's if you have 12 year old school girl hand's like me lol ! Get used to the weight then take 5 dime tape them together then get used to the width then remove the tape after awhile and bang your doing 5 dime's ! :D

Another thing is to get some pvc or steel pipe that'll fit through the weights to keep them steady, similar to big nastys technique with tape just that you may save some tape in the long run which isn't really a big deal. My problem isn't the weight, its having 7.5" hands and having the plates spread apart and fall out of my hand. I can pinch two 25lb plates easy which are the same weight just less of a distance so I can get a better grip.

I have been doing grippers.... Im repping the CoC #2 (3-4sets of 4).

Thanks for the advice! My hands, if I remember correctly, are about 7 3/4" so the width might get me.

Pinching is a great way to improve hand strength. I'm sort of new at it as well and after a couple months I've noticed an overall increase in strength. I think it even helps you close grippers when you develop new muscles in the hands. Good luck with your training :cool

Pinching is a great way to improve hand strength. I'm sort of new at it as well and after a couple months I've noticed an overall increase in strength. I think it even helps you close grippers when you develop new muscles in the hands. Good luck with your training :cool

I'll agree with that because I hadn't been training grippers fpr awhile and doing much more pinching . I had a friend come over picked up my no.2 and said yeah I can't get this one too far then bam just past parralel I was surprised! Other than that hands got a little thickerandall my other lifts improved some! :D