Which Brookfield Book ?

Guest Dime

Well, just as I was about to order Mastery Of Hand Strength by Brookfield, a new book entitled The Grip Master's Manual comes out. Are both books similar ? which one is more complete ? more importantly, which one should i get ?

thanks!

Dime,

MOHS is the grip primer; get that one first, as it descibes the basic grip exercises and gets you knowledgeable about the world of grip strength. Get Brookfield's latest book after reading MOHS several times! :)

I'd have to agree with Sybersnott. the grip master's manual talks a lot about hard feats, steel bending, in other words, advanced techniques.

It is worth it if you have been training for some time. If you've only just started, MOHS seems more adequate.

TGMM is great by the way. Some really cool feats explained, like tearing a tennis ball in half!! :blink

However, i felt he emphasises two things seldom talked about on the board: endurance and dexterity. In fact, reading the book makes one feel as he trains them more than raw strength! Comments?

I think the reason is he as a very solid strength foundation, and that scrollwork, for instance, requires a lots of endurance.

anyway, great book, and if like me, you buy it for inspiration, you wont regret it!

train hard

david

yes it can! (apparently)

the idea is he manages to put 2 fingers through the "joint" of the ball.

very impressive. I'll try it but i'm pretty sure it'll seem unreal.

he says its harder than the potato.

another thing about the book: lots of pics, but he never seems to do max weights on the pics. shame.

anyway, I recommend it (is that advertising, Wannagrip? ;) )

david

MOHS, lays a much better foundation for grip work. Just my $0.02......

I don't have the new book yet, but I think everything found in MOHS is covered in much greater detail here on the board. MOHS is only worth buying if you haven't found the gripboard IMHO.

Robert

First off, I feel this board is great; however, it doesn't replace MOHS. If your new in the grip game there is no better introduction than MOHS.

The TGMM is a great followup to MOHS. With lots of good new exercizes to try.

I think some people forget there is more to grip than grippers. :(

The great thing about Brookfield is that he reminds us this by developing new exercizes and new feats of grip strength. His grip diversity is remarkable: crush, pinch, lever, fingers, wrist, endurance, power, bending, even ripping tennisballs! :blink

Brookfield reminds us that our hands are multidimensional, and he shows us how to train on all levels.

-HH

That is what I found so disappointing about MOHS. The world's most accomplished steel bender, and all he tells us about steel bending is "you have to grip the steel really hard". Without Tom Black, Strongman, Barbender and Terminator's posts, I would know nothing more about bending. If you pay attention, and read the archived posts, you can learn alot on this site, even if most people are interested in grippers.

Robert

RSW,

Brookfield`s new book has about 28 pages of info on

steel bending, scrolling, coiling, nail bending etc. More

indepth than MOHS. Albeit, I do not bend or scroll nor

do I know much on the techniques of each other than

what you guys talk about on the G board.

I think the new book contains enough information on

bending that would give me guidance in starting if I ever

choose to though.

Hope there will be more opinions posted if hardcore benders

get the book.