A N'ice Idea

Jonathan McMillan

I'm too lazy to look it up again and give a direct quote and credit for the idea but here it is in my words:

You take a plastic cup filled with water and put it in the freezer. As it starts to freeze, you take it out and crush it. Next time put in in the freezer a little longer then try crushing it again, etc. etc.

I thought it was a neat idea, I think I'll try using a water bottle instead to save on the mess factor. Reminds me I have to attempt the potato stunt again tonight when I get home from work. Missed it last week since my grippers came in the mail and I was too sore to try.

Jon@han

Jonathan,

How are you doing on the grippers? :huh

BTW, save the ice crushing bit for your freezer! :laugh

I'm doing alright I guess, I'm far from a natural at it so I have a long haul ahead of me. I can close the #1 now on a regular basis with my right hand (this is weird as I'm left handed) and my left hand often fails at the task shy a few mm' to full shut. My #2 feels like squeezing a brick -I'm an inch from full shut with either hand.

Gee, I thought the ice idea was a good one, I'm going to have to go shopping for groceries -we didn't have any tators in the house to maul.

On the positive side of training, I'm bending the equivalent of the ironmind green on a regular basis...makes me wonder if the steel I picked up is a wee bit too pliable. Mind you my Yellow feels like trying to bend a telephone pole so maybe its alright. That's going to take me a while to build up to me thinks!

Jon@han