Brzenk Vs Larratt Video

mithras

http://www.inthehook.com/king/devon.wmv

Here's what everyone wanted to see!

Deleted.

Screw it. It ain't worth it. Good job for Larratt. . .

Edited by meelhama

http://www.inthehook.com/king/devon.wmv

Here's what everyone wanted to see!

Also consider that Brzenk, from what I know, doesn't usually pull at super heavyweight. And does anyone know how many matches he had that day before he pulled Devon? Great job, though. I kinda feel sick to my stomach... Brzenk is my AW hero :'(

sad for john, great for the sport. seeing giants fall will inspire others.

thanks for sharing the vid

well done larrett

John hadn't pulled anyone else but Devon had been training for this match for years. John had a bad wrist injury which Devon was aware of and capitalised on (as you would). Obviously since this match John's come back, won Zloty, beaten the "unbeatable" Cyplenkov etc, so I bet he's much more prepared for Devon now.

Man Zloty was like 8 weeks later, John's wrist was just as screwed up there as it was agaisnt Devon in this video. 4 weeks after this John beat Ron Bath and Marcio Barboza and won the ROTN so quit making excuses for him. Devon's just better now. And Puller, what are you talking about, why would Devon be ranked #1 in the world if he only beat John after John had been armwrestling a bunch of guys? Why would John be arwmrestling before a supermatch? And John has taken on the big boys his entire life - 600+ lbs. Cleve Dean, 300+ lbs. Richard Lupkes, Travis Bagent, Andrey Pushkar, Tim Bresnan, Jerry Cadorette, everybody. They're having a rematch the last weekend in July/first weekend in August so we'll see what happens then... but I don't think John's wrist is much better.

Edited by Josh H

Josh,

How are you doing. I hope your training is going well. I can tell by yours and a lot of other responses to Johns wrist that you might not really understand the various pressures and styles in this sport. I do know that by your dedication that you will some day and probably soon.

Neither Ron, Marcio at ROTN or Dennis in Zloty put any real pressure on Johns wrist. Both Ron and Dennis go basically straight sideways or hook/shoulder roll. Only Marcio put direct pressure on Johns wrist and even his TR goes more into fingers than wrist. So to say that Johns wrist was fine or not that bad based on the outcome from ROTN or ZLOTY is not a good statement.

Now Devon is a monster and even if Johns wrist was 100% Devon may still of won.

Also remember it is only an excuse if John is the one saying it and he never has. I am the one to first talk about Johns wrist and I did not intend it to be an excuse. I was only stating the truth about his wrist. When guys at our practice are taking his wrist and he is obviously in pain at practice. Its pretty clear to me that his wrist is a big problem.

Back to Devon. I have been a huge fan of Devon ever since he destroyed me in a push up contest in Japan back in 1998. He definitely has the skill and strength to beat John again but I guarantee it wont be as easy. Devon has great endurance, so if the first match is a barn burner then Devon will probably win the last 5 no matter what the outcome of the 1st.

Edited by bob brown

Josh,

How are you doing. I hope your training is going well. I can tell by yours and a lot of other responses to Johns wrist that you might not really understand the various pressures and styles in this sport. I do know that by your dedication that you will some day and probably soon.

Neither Ron, Marcio at ROTN or Dennis in Zloty put any real pressure on Johns wrist. Both Ron and Dennis go basically straight sideways or hook/shoulder roll. Only Marcio put direct pressure on Johns wrist and even his TR goes more into fingers than wrist. So to say that Johns wrist was fine or not that bad based on the outcome from ROTN or ZLOTY is not a good statement.

Now Devon is a monster and even if Johns wrist was 100% Devon may still of won.

Also remember it is only an excuse if John is the one saying it and he never has. I am the one to first talk about Johns wrist and I did not intend it to be an excuse. I was only stating the truth about his wrist. When guys at our practice are taking his wrist and he is obviously in pain at practice. Its pretty clear to me that his wrist is a big problem.

Back to Devon. I have been a huge fan of Devon ever since he destroyed me in a push up contest in Japan back in 1998. He definitely has the skill and strength to beat John again but I guarantee it wont be as easy. Devon has great endurance, so if the first match is a barn burner then Devon will probably win the last 5 no matter what the outcome of the 1st.

Bob, is this contest in Japan the famed 1200 push up performance? Supposedly there is a video as well? I heard something about this at a tourny a couple weeks ago and was just curious.

Thanks,

Josh

Bob, thanks for the info. I didn't think that John's wrist was good when he pulled Ron, Marcio, and Denis. What I was trying to get at is, he beat them even with a bad wrist. But I guess they didn't attack his damaged wrist like Devon did. But am I correct in saying that John's wrist is just as bad now as it was in his match with Devon, or has it gotten better?

It has gotten better and is still getting better but I would not say 100%. More like 75%. Hopefully it will not get worst over the next couple of months. He has 3 events in the next 7 weeks. If he is still OK after them he can hopefully be 100% by Turkey.

I quit long before the 1200. I don't know about any video. We were in the middle of the contest and I ask how many he has done. He said something like 1200 and I just quit. We were at about 100 and I was starting to DIE.

Man Zloty was like 8 weeks later, John's wrist was just as screwed up there as it was agaisnt Devon in this video. 4 weeks after this John beat Ron Bath and Marcio Barboza and won the ROTN so quit making excuses for him. Devon's just better now. And Puller, what are you talking about, why would Devon be ranked #1 in the world if he only beat John after John had been armwrestling a bunch of guys? Why would John be arwmrestling before a supermatch? And John has taken on the big boys his entire life - 600+ lbs. Cleve Dean, 300+ lbs. Richard Lupkes, Travis Bagent, Andrey Pushkar, Tim Bresnan, Jerry Cadorette, everybody. They're having a rematch the last weekend in July/first weekend in August so we'll see what happens then... but I don't think John's wrist is much better.

I was going to say the obvious difference between Devon and Denis is that Denis doesn't armwrestle in a technical style like Devon and therefore isn't going to be feeling out weaknesses in the same way Devon would (and did at this match), but I guess Bob already said that. It's pretty obvious to anyone who understands armwrestling who's seen the matches.

Anyway, if people want to speculate as to why he lost 6-0 (which was a very surprising result) and look for legitimate "reasons" why he might have lost that's our call. I was at this match and saw it close up, and you could see something wasn't right.

devon needs too much preperation to pul anyone good. thats the bottom line. john just pulls whatever the case. john had bad wrist, he still pulled. anyway, i want him to win so he can wipe john milnes smug little face off, he does my head in the way he talks about devon. i think hes the only man on the planet that thinks devon will never lsoe a match. and he cares more about it than devon does. anyway. this august will be exciting. plenty of nice super matchs this year. =)

It has gotten better and is still getting better but I would not say 100%. More like 75%. Hopefully it will not get worst over the next couple of months. He has 3 events in the next 7 weeks. If he is still OK after them he can hopefully be 100% by Turkey.

Hi Bob,

why is John pulling so many events? This should not be good for the recovery process, should it? I'm just curious, because when I have a tournament at my low level, it takes some weeks to recover from.

Before the match with Devon last year, I had the feeling that John has pulled to many events too, to be fresh enough.

Flo

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

Well the truth is money. He will be making a lot of money at all of these events. Tahoe he will pull 4 classes, Harley Pull 2 classes and a chance at a Harley. And then Denis C from Russia in Vegas. John has a good job but extra money helps.

If all goes well and he stays healthy he will have plenty of time to rest for Devon.

Hi Bob,

thanks for your answer. I was thinking about money too, but wasn't sure because the prices are not so high in the sport.

Flo

Hard to argue with money, I just hope he's not hamstringing himself for Devon. :rock

It was all over during match #2. After that, you see Devon playing with John. He could have ended match 3 to 6 very quickly but he didn't. Instead, I think he knew that John wasn't 100% that day and tried to have some good "loaded-up" matches. He even let John get into a power position a few times and then brought him back for the pin. It looked like a Saturday practice. One thing I will say is that John was man enough to still pull this Supermatch as promised and Devon was respectful enough to not try and hurt John. Very cool video. I can't wait to see the rematch! :rock

I'm not an armwrestler but this is a great video. Does anybody know what tune is playing in the background? I like it.

I haven't seen many matches of John so far but he is an amazing puller. If his wrist really was injured I am looking forward to the rematch. 6-0 is a very mindblowing result.

What are John and Devon saying in the end of the video? Can anyone write it down please? I just can't understand them :(

How long are the breaks in between single matches of a supermatch?