What Is Correct-size Of Wrist-roller?

mashinfotrain

what is the "best-size"-for a wrist-roller? im about to buy a wrist-roller,+ have the choice of either a "1-3/4" roller or a 2"-roller? which size would be best? i have (average-size-hands)! thank you. "id really appreciate your advice guys"? one + three-quarter inch-roller or two-inch/olympic-size roller?

Edited by mashinfotrain

I'd go with the 2" roller, I have one that's made out of an old barbell end and it's a bit over 2", works great. Your wrists and forearms will get a better workout from the larger diameter.

I'd go with the 2" roller, I have one that's made out of an old barbell end and it's a bit over 2", works great. Your wrists and forearms will get a better workout from the larger diameter.

thanks for that mate....really helps me! thanks.

I'd reccomend a 2.5" but 2" is probably the better size from the choices you present.

Really depends on the size of your hands and what you like - try them both if you can.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2" bar will work your thumbs, wrists and overall grip well enough, especially after working the overall body and other grip and wrist work.

Just be careful with the larger roller I used a 2'' and used to take it to the gym and set it up in the power rack and the safety bar through it . It was great work but I pilled on the weight and it started hurting the back of my hand's so I would use moderation ! :D

hey guys,thanks very much for all your great-advice here....i really appreciate it guys-every one of you-(big thanks guys)!

The 2" bar will work your thumbs, wrists and overall grip well enough, especially after working the overall body and other grip and wrist work.

thanks mate-i went for the 2"-ironmind-roller,which is great-(i love this roller)-its great man! thanks for this good info/advice mate. (i greatly appreciate it man).

Just be careful with the larger roller I used a 2'' and used to take it to the gym and set it up in the power rack and the safety bar through it . It was great work but I pilled on the weight and it started hurting the back of my hand's so I would use moderation ! :D

thanks mate for your advice here-i have the 2"-roller....i really feel the burn man + benefit! i will remember this advice buddy-thanks! (i really appreciate your input buddy). i love this gripboard man-its the best for everything grip-related....gripboard is brilliant! love it man.

what is the "best-size"-for a wrist-roller? im about to buy a wrist-roller,+ have the choice of either a "1-3/4" roller or a 2"-roller? which size would be best? i have (average-size-hands)! thank you. "id really appreciate your advice guys"? one + three-quarter inch-roller or two-inch/olympic-size roller?

Check out this thread I started. Maby you guys could give me some input on my thread too. Its all about wrist roller. I also have a video explaining how to make one in about 1 min. And it will hold some weight too Write to me there I've been checking it for coments or other videos.

Rico

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=32003

Yea... better make sure you have the exact measurement of diameter, because if you don't you'll never get a good grip workout. be careful of that. And always buy equipment that you can make in a blink of an eye :yikes

I would have personally went with one of the wrist rollers from FBBC because they are not knurled and work the grip more than a knurled roller would because with knurling it's a lot easier to grip.

I would have personally went with one of the wrist rollers from FBBC because they are not knurled and work the grip more than a knurled roller would because with knurling it's a lot easier to grip.

The 2" inch knurled roller would be better for a combination of wrist and grip work, as a thick smooth roller is grip strength first and wrist strength second.