Huge Golden Bastard - Dead

jpmmkrahling

I underestimated this bend :angry: . 24 hours prior i failed at the Grand Shiny (for the 3rd time) and i guess it took alot more out of me then i thought. But last night i felt like i just had to kill something or the weekend would not be complete. So this Huge Golden was supposed to be a warmup for the 8" edgin but it turned out that it took everything i had to finish this. In comnparison it took my approx 1:15 to kill the Huge Shiny with 1 week rest, this took me approx 4:15 with 24 hours rest. And i still could not crush it as far as the Shiny. So bottom line is NEVER assume a bend is going to go easy, if your mind is not in the game donlt bother playing!!!!!

good job Mike :rock

Brass varies just like all other steel. It may be that the brass Mike got is tougher than the older stuff

Brass varies just like all other steel. It may be that the brass Mike got is tougher than the older stuff

Thank you Paul, but i think it was just a bad underestimate on my behalf. (and being tired from the Grand Shiny failure) I check with Jim Ricchezza (that is who i got the brass from) and he said when he did the Big Golden from the same stck it was not terribly difficult. So it is not a new batch of brass. I need to just kill something else and move on. I'll just make sure i am better rested next time and i do not overlook anything i am bending.

The more i think about this the more confused i am getting. After a 4 min battle i got this to 1-15/16", but a shiny the same length took 1:15 and i crushed that to about 1-5/8", WHY?. And my arms and hands have never hurt that bad either. My fingers were actually tingling, but in a painfull way. So maybe i just had a really off day? Or maybe the newer batches of stainless are easier? Who knows, but this is my first attempt on brass and now i would rather just stick with stainless.

Is there someone i can send these to for calibrations? I could send a 6" pc of CRS, Brass & Stainless and see how they rate from the current batches i just completed.

Great job Mike!

I would also like to see the current calibrations on the crs, stainless and brass

Great bend Mike! :rock

I believe Golden and the Bastard are about neck and neck, brass maybe a bit tougher on the crush. But the Shiny is WAY easier to kink, but much harder on the crush.

That was a good battle - nice going! :rock