24 Parallel-choked Reps With #3 Righty, 12 On The Left

bencrush

I told Harlan Jacobs I'd get a video of this the next time I got around to doing it. Finally did that earlier tonight, so here it is. The #3 calibrated at 146lbs a few minutes before I did the reps, so it's admittedly on the easier side. I wasn't trying to break any big record though so no biggie. I wasn't even working out today. I did a 3.5 hour contest-simulation workout yesterday and my hands felt a bit tired and slow today. Didn't seem to hold me back too much though. I did a "warmup" of 20 reps righty and 10 lefty and then rested 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hin7U2kG5-A

Very Nice! :rock

Very Nice! :rock

Thanks Scott! I've been trying to get a hold of you to invite you to the contest man! Wish you were coming, but I understand the lure that armwrestling has for you.

Good stuff Ben. I liked the high-rep choker stuff the few times I've done it, but they are all 3 finger closes because I can't get all four fingers on there when the gripper is chokered.

-Rex

Sweet!

Nice!!!

very strong! :rock

Good stuff Ben. I liked the high-rep choker stuff the few times I've done it, but they are all 3 finger closes because I can't get all four fingers on there when the gripper is chokered.

-Rex

Great work, Ben! I'm going to utilize the choker a little more in the coming weeks.

Rex - do you use a hose clamp to choke the gripper? If so, you should try using a washer over the spring. I can't use a hose clamp to choke the gripper because my hands are too wide and I end up squeezing the hose clamp too. The washer eliminates all that nonsense.

Great feat of strength.

-Rex

Great work, Ben! I'm going to utilize the choker a little more in the coming weeks.

Rex - do you use a hose clamp to choke the gripper? If so, you should try using a washer over the spring. I can't use a hose clamp to choke the gripper because my hands are too wide and I end up squeezing the hose clamp too. The washer eliminates all that nonsense.

Yes, Goody, I used a hose clamp. The washer idea sounds great. I will ask Eric and Paul about it. Thanks.

-Rex

Great strength Ben !!!! As always man . :rock

wow, really explosive. to me anyway. every time i've tried choker work, it feels a lot harder to me then just doing regular no sets.

Thanks all you guys! I'll either buy a Vulcan or start up the choker work again and see where it takes me in the long run. I don't want to abandon the grippers completely though. Took me far too long to build up to the #3 level to watch it wash away.

-Rex

Yes, Goody, I used a hose clamp. The washer idea sounds great. I will ask Eric and Paul about it. Thanks.

-Rex

yeah Casey uses washers and he gave Eric and I some - I never use it because as the spring size gets bigger, it becomes harder to get on the gripper - Casey notched out the washers so that they could squeeze on the bigger grippers, but you still have to wrestle with it a little. You can have mine if you like cause I'm fine w/the hose clamps and you could just make the notch a tid bit bigger so that it's easier to get on and off, but if you wanted to use it on a easier gripper after that, like for your left hand or the like, it would sit wider than parallel, but still choked none the less. remind me tomorrow to take it over to Eric's for when we train

Nice work Ben! You made it look easy!

:rock

Good to see ya hitting the grippers again Ben!!! Are you still doing the TNS work aswell?

:rock

Good to see ya hitting the grippers again Ben!!! Are you still doing the TNS work aswell?

Nah, no TNS work. If I had a lot of free time again I'd go back to nothing but TNS closes.