Getting Those Last Inches On A Goal Gripper

Six Barrel Shotgun

Hey. I'm looking after a thread about tips how to get past those last inches on a goal gripper.

I have read such a thread, but now I cant find any.

Please link me to such a thread or discus here! :)

Thanks / Six Barrel from Sweden.

I think you may have mis-typed, SBS. If you're inches away from closing a gripper, nothing will help you. You may have meant milimeters or something.

In that case do strap holds, overcrushes, negatives, beyond the range training, etc.

-Rex

I'm with Rex, if you still have an inches to go on a gripper then put it in your draw for the time being and order one not so hard.

Sorry guys, i'm not so good at english!

I mean milimeters.

:blush

The advice given to me when i posted a topic similar to this was basically what Rex said above, overcrushes, heavy negatives and strap holds can all help a lot.

Another thing that was mentioned was "mini reps" with a gripper you can already close. Close the gripper to begin with, then allow the handles to open slightly and then repeatedly close them again. This helps a lot with the final few mm of a close.

Hope this helps you

Edited by Kormaz

Choke the gripper you can't fully close or another gripper of similar difficulty with hose clamp to when the handles are about parallel and work on closing that.

Thanks for tips. I will try to get me a hose clamp!

Get someone else to help you put it on or to hold the gripper while you tighten it because trying to do it by yourself will tire you out soo much lol i made that mistake that first time i choked my #3 :P

Would it be a good idea to buy a CoC #3.5 to do negatives with?

(the gripper im trying to master is CoC #3)

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

I always showed my biggest gains by doing heavy negatives. If you find that the choked closes or other techniques aren't working, definitely get the 3.5 and do some negatives. Good luck!

Thanks for reply Rocketman! Just ordered a CoC #3.5 :cool

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Doing negatives with #3.5 helped alot.

Because I shut CoC #3 today. :D

Thanks for all the help with every question I made on this board.

I love this forum and I love that I shut CoC #3 with my right hand. :D

Hi Kormaz,

That's good advice. I just tried it, first on the COC S then o n the COC T. After a few reps, I felt more fibres engaging throughtout my arm.

Another thing that was mentioned was "mini reps" with a gripper you can already close. Close the gripper to begin with, then allow the handles to open slightly and then repeatedly close them again. This helps a lot with the final few mm of a close.

Hope this helps you

Choker is a good way to train the close. Read my article to learn the basics of choker training:

http://gripperstrength.wordpress.com/2008/...rk-on-grippers/

Negatives are of course good too, but if done excessively for too long periods it will make your close slower and that's not good. Choker training will develop the explosiveness, which is critical with maximal closes. Therefore choker training is good for peaking when used together with parallel set closes.

Choker is a good way to train the close. Read my article to learn the basics of choker training:

http://gripperstrength.wordpress.com/2008/...rk-on-grippers/

Negatives are of course good too, but if done excessively for too long periods it will make your close slower and that's not good. Choker training will develop the explosiveness, which is critical with maximal closes. Therefore choker training is good for peaking when used together with parallel set closes.

Excellent article, more like a mini e-book on chokers. Thank you Teemu.