Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• MalachiMcMullen

• The Mac

• The Natural

Top Posters In This Topic

:rock I bet Wade is good for another 10-15 lbs on a seasoned Euro set

Awesome!!!

Awesome! Wade - what is the thickness you use on this?

Wade, just so you know, part of the technique when using the Euro Pinch device is to tilt the thing forward into your fingers more. Kind of like a plate curl. With that device you're using, it doesn't look like that is all that possible. If you ever get around to using a Euro Pinch device, you may find you pull a few lbs more on it...

;) say at Chad's contest? ;)

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

huge lift.. can't wait to see it done on a seasoned euro device like mentioned...

i know the new WR will be set at the woodall..c'mon down wade!!!

I explain the whole night in my blog if anyone is interested. To summarize I'm sure this lift would have went much better if I wouldn't have been fiddling with the camera. 250 was very easy before this lift. Chris - this is basically the width of 2 45's. I had them milled flat and one was pretty warped so it took some width off. I compensated by putting a spacer in. I think the width is too close for me and I could do more if it was wider but can't change the width on what I have. I also understand the Euro tilt thing but I can't stand training with two plates and a bar - too slow for me. The device I have is great for training. I wish I had a Euro to play around with to get the right width and technique. I think I have to be right up there knocking on record territory now.

I explain the whole night in my blog if anyone is interested. To summarize I'm sure this lift would have went much better if I wouldn't have been fiddling with the camera. 250 was very easy before this lift. Chris - this is basically the width of 2 45's. I had them milled flat and one was pretty warped so it took some width off. I compensated by putting a spacer in. I think the width is too close for me and I could do more if it was wider but can't change the width on what I have. I also understand the Euro tilt thing but I can't stand training with two plates and a bar - too slow for me. The device I have is great for training. I wish I had a Euro to play around with to get the right width and technique. I think I have to be right up there knocking on record territory now.

Wade, there's a guy in the Carolinas named Scott George who makes a good set-up very much like the Euro that Horne sells. Someone else can tell you how to get in contact with him through the board. If you can't find one to borrow, I think that buying one from him would prove a good investment. I'm watching the technique you're using and I agree with Zach that the "feel" of the Euro is quite different. For a while people thought the Euro pinch was not a technical event, but I think that view is changing. You know as well as I do that for a technical event, there's nothing like training on the implement itself.

-Rex

Wade, there's a guy in the Carolinas named Scott George who makes a good set-up very much like the Euro that Horne sells. Someone else can tell you how to get in contact with him through the board.

His name is "madss" on here and they are great devices and fully comp-legal.

La la la linka to-uh his-uh... profile. : http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showuser=6024

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

THE KING OF PINCH has proven himself again! I hope nobody says otherwise unless they do so by posting a better vid

Great stuff Wade! It looks to me that it is harder to lift on your setup as on the euro setup.

I put that sub-title for Wade in a long time ago (I just did it myself, he did not request it) and it still fits of course! :rock

THE KING OF PINCH has proven himself again! I hope nobody says otherwise unless they do so by posting a better vid

True. Here's hoping. The previous unofficial best was the 117.5kg of Martin but now it's Wade's.

Quick update/thoughts.

Gabriel Sum and David have both done 120-kilo using a plank and or wood (on Gabriel's Youtube account and DH is on his DVD). Also, for Wade, why is putting two discs on a 2" bar and adding weight harder than cutting a 45lb plate in half, milling it and building a basket to add weights in? :blink It would seem more trouble not less.

Comparing the equipment is impossible of course until you can have them side by side. But that said, I do have of course my adjustable Americanized version of a Euro plus I have my steel block set up I train on as well. It's a piece of 2" tubular steel where the weight hangs below sort of like on Wade's setup. As a comparison - I can usually do 5 to 10# more on my Euro than my block. Surface texture etc will no doubt play a role in that difference but I do think Wade would be able to certainly duplicate if not exceed this weight on a well seasoned Euro set up. And Rex is right - 2 hand pinch is a highly technical lift in my mind. I agree with Wades assessment that the width may not be optimal for him but the only way he will ever know is to be able to work with an adjustable one. My experiment of one has shown that in my case at least, going to less width made a huge difference but the key of course is finding YOUR best width according to not only your hand size but your current hand strengths and the techniques that you use. Oh - Wade, your setup doesn't appear to be well seasoned and holding chalk - are you using a clean surface technique with very light chalking? In my experiments between perfectly clean and well seasoned - there is another 10# or so possible there as well - just something to think about.

Quick update/thoughts.

Gabriel Sum and David have both done 120-kilo using a plank and or wood (on Gabriel's Youtube account and DH is on his DVD). Also, for Wade, why is putting two discs on a 2" bar and adding weight harder than cutting a 45lb plate in half, milling it and building a basket to add weights in? :blink It would seem more trouble not less.

I think he means now that he has the device, it's easier to use.

Well done Wade, good work.

You've given yourself a bit of a rod for your own back though claiming it as an unofficial World Record. In the end it's something you're capable of I am sure - it's just bound to get up people's noses.

Well done Wade, good work.

You've given yourself a bit of a rod for your own back though claiming it as an unofficial World Record. In the end it's something you're capable of I am sure - it's just bound to get up people's noses.

Not claiming it as a world record. How would you rather me word it as the most weight lifted in this disipline? David has the world record and I recognize that as the world record. I can change the wording if people are uptight about it.

Mob - easier to train with.