Gripper Care?

Beev

Hey folks.

Ive noticed just lately that my grippers are pretty dirty really. What is the best method to clean them? I dont have a wire brush, but was thinking of using a scrubbing brush and some warm water. Is this a good idea? Will the grippers rust if I use water? Im guessing that they wont but want to be sure.

Thanks.

Beev

Hey folks.

Ive noticed just lately that my grippers are pretty dirty really. What is the best method to clean them? I dont have a wire brush, but was thinking of using a scrubbing brush and some warm water. Is this a good idea? Will the grippers rust if I use water? Im guessing that they wont but want to be sure.

Thanks.

Beev

Personally I wouldn't wash them too much. If you keep them oiled regularly they should be good to go. I live in a humid climate next to the ocean so things rust quickly if I don't oil them.

I scrub my handles with a toothbrush under warm water then dry it off quicky. I also oil my springs with 3 in 1 oil and use a white dry cloth to rub any gunk or dirt off them. This method has worked good for me in keeping them nice and shiny.

I scrub my handles with a toothbrush under warm water then dry it off quicky. I also oil my springs with 3 in 1 oil and use a white dry cloth to rub any gunk or dirt off them. This method has worked good for me in keeping them nice and shiny.

This is exactly what I do.

This is exactly what I do.

Let the grime build. Makes urs unique and no one will want to steal them because of the odor :D

Thanks for the replies guys, I used an old toothbrush and some warm water as suggested, Im shocked as to how much crap was actually on them. And how clean they have turned out.

Yours,

Beev

I clean them pretty much the same way I clean my guns.

Hahaha altho i get the feeling ur really not joking :P

I clean them pretty much the same way I clean my guns.

Hahaha altho i get the feeling ur really not joking :P

:cool

Maybe not has often but a similar process at least.

I use a the same bio degradable precleaner that i use for my guns, the same nylon brush (followed by a nice rinse in hot water), a pat pat down dry and shake off. Then use rem oil on the springs.

a toothbrush takes a lot of time, I use a bigger brush, we call it a nailbrush in the Netherlands.

a toothbrush takes a lot of time, I use a bigger brush, we call it a nailbrush in the Netherlands.

I've used those too, but the ones i've had are not as stiff as a brush meant for cleaning guns.