Im Green With Cloves

Johnsson

good job!

Good job, man. Those short bends with minimal padding are tough. It's hard to get any sort of leverage.

Great job on the Green bend BUT?

Please do away with the gloves and i say this purely to help you out and its not a criticism of your bending.

The bending rules laid down by PAT state no gloves allowed its purely and simply because people dont know whats inside those gloves there are some unscruulious people out there who would not think twice about concealing pipes or extra padding in those gloves to aid the bend so before we go down the slippery slope just thought i would mention it.

Now on a positive note i appluad you for trying different types of bending and i realise you are only doing this for fun its not a cert bend or anything its just we dont want you getting really good with this type of bending then one day you pull out a huge bend and someone makes a comment about the gloves and the rules so its better to get that sorted whilst your a beginner mate :D

Please do away with the gloves and i say this purely to help you out and its not a criticism of your bending.

The bending rules laid down by PAT state no gloves allowed its purely and simply because people dont know whats inside those gloves there are some unscruulious people out there who would not think twice about concealing pipes or extra padding in those gloves to aid the bend so before we go down the slippery slope just thought i would mention it.

Now on a positive note i appluad you for trying different types of bending and i realise you are only doing this for fun its not a cert bend or anything its just we dont want you getting really good with this type of bending then one day you pull out a huge bend and someone makes a comment about the gloves and the rules so its better to get that sorted whilst your a beginner mate :D

Yes, this was just for fun like 8" nail bend was, but I really don't considered that gloves has bad "reputation". My main style at the begining is DO with fat pads (today did chest crush with thin pads). I started today bencrush's bending program and after this program I will equaly train DO and reverse style with all kind of paddings.

Nice bend!

Bending something that short without anything to hold on to is good. Concerning gloves, it is ruled out to do so regarding cert vids for the simple reason as Gazza points out.

But it is a good way to train your wrists and that is how some of the semi-old timers did it.

Yes, this was just for fun like 8" nail bend was, but I really don't considered that gloves has bad "reputation". My main style at the begining is DO with fat pads (today did chest crush with thin pads). I started today bencrush's bending program and after this program I will equaly train DO and reverse style with all kind of paddings.

Gloves are bad business all the way around. Many people in the past (and even today) have used them to conceal cheater pipes and other things. You are free to do whatever you want with your bending and your training--But if you are going to put up bending videos here: Be prepared to hear about using gloves, if from no one else Gazza and I will chime in.

I can see were this is leading infact we are all ready in the days of more is better,more powerlifting gear,more wrapping etc I personally dont want to be a part of the more is better to me its easier end of?

Like i said i appluad you for trying different things but gloves are a big no no next thing is we have people seeing your bends on here and on the tube and we have all manner of things happening so like i said its best to just not go there.

Bending in work gloves i worked construction for 20plus yrs so you dont need to tell me about anything gloves wise ive used em all so i realise that bending in those gloves is difficult but there are a lot more ways to show a difficult bend than to slap on those gloves and then go dowbn the slippery slope.

I was going to comment when you first did the 80d in gloves but i thought it might be a one off bend but here we are now.

Pat penned the rules for bending on this forum a set off rules i pride myself in following because they are there for a reason and i think PAT knows a thing or 2 about bending the same for me i think i know a little about bending and i try to show a certain standard in my bending a standard that has no compromises a standard that can not be made easier by the masses just because they cant be bothered to put the time and effort in,those that follow the true path and adhere to the standards set out no what im talking about here.

There are far to many comeing on here and just slapping on the double and triple wraps and going into the DO folding style and within a couple of weeks mths doing some cert bends and thinking this is it they cant be bothered putting the time in we are already on the slippery slope bending standards are already dropping and will drop further unless the bending community makes shure those bending standards are maintained.

This post will knock a few peoples noses out of place dont read it you dont have to but ask yourself this do you or did you come on the bending forum to learn how to bend and one day be able to bend a certain piece how you saw it bent by someone who inspired you or did you just want to bend a certain piece to be able to say to your buddies hey look what i can do.

If you are a proper bender then theres alot more passion involved in just bending a piece of steel things like researching the steel,seeing how different pieces of steel bend,what impact certain wraps have on bending,how to condition the mind,how to prepare and condition the hands,were to get your steel,different alloys,different bolts,nails and there markings etc these are just a few things i as a bender look at i could use alot more examples but i hope people get my jist which many is that i bend for me but also i come on here and try to adhere to set STANDARDS i also try to help maintain and infact set standards for those that are proper benders those that want to do it right,i also want to import tradition into that the tradition that was set by all those great men before us.

I hope that you choose to follow the right path in your bending journey..................Gazza[a Bender].

I can see were this is leading infact we are all ready in the days of more is better,more powerlifting gear,more wrapping etc I personally dont want to be a part of the more is better to me its easier end of?

Like i said i appluad you for trying different things but gloves are a big no no next thing is we have people seeing your bends on here and on the tube and we have all manner of things happening so like i said its best to just not go there.

Bending in work gloves i worked construction for 20plus yrs so you dont need to tell me about anything gloves wise ive used em all so i realise that bending in those gloves is difficult but there are a lot more ways to show a difficult bend than to slap on those gloves and then go dowbn the slippery slope.

I was going to comment when you first did the 80d in gloves but i thought it might be a one off bend but here we are now.

Pat penned the rules for bending on this forum a set off rules i pride myself in following because they are there for a reason and i think PAT knows a thing or 2 about bending the same for me i think i know a little about bending and i try to show a certain standard in my bending a standard that has no compromises a standard that can not be made easier by the masses just because they cant be bothered to put the time and effort in,those that follow the true path and adhere to the standards set out no what im talking about here.

There are far to many comeing on here and just slapping on the double and triple wraps and going into the DO folding style and within a couple of weeks mths doing some cert bends and thinking this is it they cant be bothered putting the time in we are already on the slippery slope bending standards are already dropping and will drop further unless the bending community makes shure those bending standards are maintained.

This post will knock a few peoples noses out of place dont read it you dont have to but ask yourself this do you or did you come on the bending forum to learn how to bend and one day be able to bend a certain piece how you saw it bent by someone who inspired you or did you just want to bend a certain piece to be able to say to your buddies hey look what i can do.

If you are a proper bender then theres alot more passion involved in just bending a piece of steel things like researching the steel,seeing how different pieces of steel bend,what impact certain wraps have on bending,how to condition the mind,how to prepare and condition the hands,were to get your steel,different alloys,different bolts,nails and there markings etc these are just a few things i as a bender look at i could use alot more examples but i hope people get my jist which many is that i bend for me but also i come on here and try to adhere to set STANDARDS i also try to help maintain and infact set standards for those that are proper benders those that want to do it right,i also want to import tradition into that the tradition that was set by all those great men before us.

I hope that you choose to follow the right path in your bending journey..................Gazza[a Bender].

Excellent post Gazza :rock:rock:rock

Excellent post Gazza :rock:rock:rock

Indeed :rock. This post really puts me thinking how I will bend in the future to get my goals.