In Between Ministry Shows

1stCoC

I didn't realize the two big men travel at times world wide to do their ministry shows. I was lucky enough to watch a show here in Columbia where Rich . Bent doubled steel 1/2" rods over his head, as well as breaking an aluminum bat over his bare shaved head, piles of stacked bricks smashed under elbow drops, and to finish the show in front of the 500 present, taped three baseball bats together and just bent and broke them over his leg..gee. To see the good he and Tex do to inspire the many followers including the mass of children learning first hand what "real strength is about " is truly a gift well used. They, in spite of their busy schedule dropped by and did several impromptu feats with the 53.5 fatman and in Tex's case with a bit more. All the lifts were repeated several times so I could get some good pictures. I don't know if I ever saw anything like Rich squatting down, locking his arm to the side , pinching the Fatman Blob and with no swing or extra movement stood up and still held it straight out to his side. Below are some pictures of them. RS

Tex

Rich1

Rich2

Rich3

wow, i did not know he said no to the NFL. that is incredible to me. he must have some character and guts to do something like that. he got tons more respect from me for that.

That's probably the best blob feat I've ever seen :rock The fact that he turned down millions in the NFL to do the Lord's work is the most impressive thing about him IMO :bow

That's probably the best blob feat I've ever seen :rock The fact that he turned down millions in the NFL to do the Lord's work is the most impressive thing about him IMO :bow

yeah, i thought when Mr. Sorin talked about him the first time when he came in with Tex was that he was a former NFL player, i did not know he was one of the most sought after O-linemen in the draft and flat out refused them.

I find the fact that Rich refused to be drafted because it wasn't what he wanted to be remarkable. The line about honor raises him to such a high level in my mind. I have to meet these guys!

What a breath of fresh air is Rich! He's a good man.

I though this was about stuff going on between Ministry tours. The actual Ministry :rock

I find the fact that Rich refused to be drafted because it wasn't what he wanted to be remarkable. The line about honor raises him to such a high level in my mind. I have to meet these guys!

Agreed. Most men would kill for that kind of money and he just turned it down like nothing. I didn't think I could respect Rich any more until I heard this.

Not being a Yank - that article aside, I guess that most hadn't heard of Rich Williams, or else it wouldn't be a shock to everyone?

Not being a Yank - that article aside, I guess that most hadn't heard of Rich Williams, or else it wouldn't be a shock to everyone?

i hadn't heard of him, but had he accepted that contract, a lot of us probably would have.

Rich shuffled in last night after doing four shows a day and three weeks of traveling but said he wanted to "work out"............. I was leaving after prepairing for a meeting wth the U Missouri football strength staff ( the head strength coach Pat Ivey is an absolute Inch Bell replica master having carried one a bit over 100' at one of our coaches shows).Anyway, Rich walked over and began warming up by pinching a 53.5lb. Fatman Blob and while squatting and bent over and, of all things doing wrist circles (1' circles while pinching it for 30 seconds) After that, I got the camera...In a forthcoming picture he then repeated his one arm 53.5lb Blob pinch and straight arm raise by doing it one better. NOW, he had one in EACH hand!( he starts straight armed from a squat position arms stay out and are not "swung" out to the side as he stands up) After I got the picture he walked over to the deadlift bar and worked his way up to...800LB. no suit, no straps. What can you say....I am lucky to see someone like that.. truly inspiring!RS

Rich shuffled in last night after doing four shows a day and three weeks of traveling but said he wanted to "work out"............. I was leaving after prepairing for a meeting wth the U Missouri football strength staff ( the head strength coach Pat Ivey is an absolute Inch Bell replica master having carried one a bit over 100' at one of our coaches shows).Anyway, Rich walked over and began warming up by pinching a 53.5lb. Fatman Blob and while squatting and bent over and, of all things doing wrist circles (1' circles while pinching it for 30 seconds) After that, I got the camera...In a forthcoming picture he then repeated his one arm 53.5lb Blob pinch and straight arm raise by doing it one better. NOW, he had one in EACH hand!( he starts straight armed from a squat position arms stay out and are not "swung" out to the side as he stands up) After I got the picture he walked over to the deadlift bar and worked his way up to...800LB. no suit, no straps. What can you say....I am lucky to see someone like that.. truly inspiring!RS

Wow, thats really all I have to say about feats of strength like those. Can't wait to see the videos!

Wow, thats really all I have to say about feats of strength like those. Can't wait to see the videos!

Here is the picture of the arms out blob lift -

http://sorinexcustom.com/images/stories/rich/img_7192.jpg

I'm not sure how this can be topped :rock Rich :bow :bow

My goodness!!! Two fatman blobs held out like that, with the wrist bent, that must hurt!! Incredible!!! :rock:blink:rock

I'm not sure how this can be topped :rock Rich :bow :bow

Sure - next time he has to do 3 Blobs :D :D :D :D

That's the best blob I've seen or heard of :blink I don't think there are a whole lot of grip guys that could hold 50# dbs out like that (arms almost perfectly straight). I'd like to put in a request for Rich. Do you think you could try hammer curling a blob?

The whole place is still reeling from watching Rich do 7 sets of 3-5 reps in the millitary press with 365 then finishing off with 315 for 10. When he rests up a bit I will ask him about hammer curling a Blob. As I think about it, that would be a pretty worthy feat. I will have him try it by a deadlift pinch then, from a dead stop and strict(elbow locked at side) see if he can curl it. Has anyone else done this?????????????????????

An another note I have a returning student wrestler from the Naval Academy that I started with grippers last year come in and with a "poor" credit card set closed the #3 on 5 single attempts in a row. He was inserting the card but not all the way between the opposing handles. I think in a short time he will be ready. It's nice to see the young guys going so hard at it..RS

The whole place is still reeling from watching Rich do 7 sets of 3-5 reps in the millitary press with 365 then finishing off with 315 for 10. When he rests up a bit I will ask him about hammer curling a Blob. As I think about it, that would be a pretty worthy feat. I will have him try it by a deadlift pinch then, from a dead stop and strict(elbow locked at side) see if he can curl it. Has anyone else done this?????????????????????

An another note I have a returning student wrestler from the Naval Academy that I started with grippers last year come in and with a "poor" credit card set closed the #3 on 5 single attempts in a row. He was inserting the card but not all the way between the opposing handles. I think in a short time he will be ready. It's nice to see the young guys going so hard at it..RS

nice, military press is the best lift haha