Milton Keynes Armwrestling Federation Presents Armed And Dangerous

mithras

Here's the poster for the competition our club is holding at the end of May, some of the best pullers in Britain should be at this one! (and me, haha)

ARMEDANDDANGEROUSWEB.jpg

can anyone go. im at sheffield but looking for competetion =)

Yeah you sure can. What weight class would you aw at?

Edited by mithras

right now im 70kg. maybe i will try to get up to 73 74 kg. not pulled in a hilw though on practice talbe. last time was a 2 month aog. just been doing some cable work . need to get 2 - 3 sessions in before. tahts if i can get time off work on saturday. what weight are you at?

right now im 70kg. maybe i will try to get up to 73 74 kg. not pulled in a hilw though on practice talbe. last time was a 2 month aog. just been doing some cable work . need to get 2 - 3 sessions in before. tahts if i can get time off work on saturday. what weight are you at?

I'll be doing the Novice under 75's. Although I can pull at 70kg I'm feeling more comfortable at 73-75kg while I'm still getting some experience and learning. Will be cool to see you there if you can make it!

i will ask my manager if i can have the saturday off. my girlfriend says she will come down to see me win, more like see me get owned lol. this will be my first experience really. so will be cool if i get time off. i will pull in novice too obviously and keep it at 75kg or under if possible. what training are you doing now. if i get the day off. i will stop most of my gym work and maybe just do 2 sessions a week. one pulling the other gym with weights. or maybe 2 sessions of pulling a week.

i will ask my manager if i can have the saturday off. my girlfriend says she will come down to see me win, more like see me get owned lol. this will be my first experience really. so will be cool if i get time off. i will pull in novice too obviously and keep it at 75kg or under if possible. what training are you doing now. if i get the day off. i will stop most of my gym work and maybe just do 2 sessions a week. one pulling the other gym with weights. or maybe 2 sessions of pulling a week.

Nice one, the leisure centre is within walking distance of Bletchley leisure centre if you're going by train and pretty easy to fnd by car.

Definitely try and get in the 75's if you can, the 90's will be full of much bigger guys! Win or lose, it'll be worth doing for the experience and to learn what to expect in the future.

Atm my training consists of pulling once a week with the MK club, and sometimes with my training partner Ben. I do powerlifting lifts 4 times a week and train weights for armwrestling at least twice a week (curls, wrist curls, pulley, grippers etc). How about yourself?

i usualy do a pulling session on sunday with m8s but since new girlfriend ive not pulled for about 2 months. if im not pulling i will do 2 arm workouts per week. usualy a monday and thursday. one session with full ROM and the other with really heavy and just partials. ive notivced this has worked great increasing my full ROM lifts too. from now on ill just be doing cable work and or pulls with my friends if i can get them to hlpe me ;) so will be 2 pulling sessionss a week and ill lay off the gym work abit and just go lightly on bench deadlift etc.

ill never get up to 90. im not even worried about going over 75kg.

also my m8 recently gave me a bar to put up on your doorframe. so im working on one arm pull ups and holds. is taking some time though ;) ill let you knwo if i get the all clear of tome down. only thing to worry next is if my car makes it lol sure it will

i usualy do a pulling session on sunday with m8s but since new girlfriend ive not pulled for about 2 months. if im not pulling i will do 2 arm workouts per week. usualy a monday and thursday. one session with full ROM and the other with really heavy and just partials. ive notivced this has worked great increasing my full ROM lifts too. from now on ill just be doing cable work and or pulls with my friends if i can get them to hlpe me ;) so will be 2 pulling sessionss a week and ill lay off the gym work abit and just go lightly on bench deadlift etc.

ill never get up to 90. im not even worried about going over 75kg.

also my m8 recently gave me a bar to put up on your doorframe. so im working on one arm pull ups and holds. is taking some time though ;) ill let you knwo if i get the all clear of tome down. only thing to worry next is if my car makes it lol sure it will

Nice one. If you can do a one armed pull up (I can't though I'm getting close right handed) you should do pretty well!

ok so now i will nto be coming. i will be have to work :( the next saturday i will have off work will be after october. what sites do you use to look out for AW touranemtns etc.

You're welcome to come down any time you want, we train every Tuesday from 7-9pm at the leisure centre the competition is being held at and it's free. We've got 3 mazurenko tables at the club.

If you do decide to come down make sure you PM me as I don't go every single week due to work etc.

• 4 weeks later...

This comp has sadly been cancelled (apparently due to the venue demanding a doubling of the hire charge a few days before).

Damnit, 6 weeks of training "wasted". Oh well at least I had a week of forced rest! :)