Toproll Tournament

darthsith19

I heard Rich Lupkes just easily beat Nick Zinna 3-0 at the toproll tournament (just 3 or so hours ago). Bill Logsden beat Russ Stark pretty easily, Ethan beat Luke Kindt and Shane Mclaughlin (what? both in supermatches) at least that's what I hear. It looks like Rich is back to his old self, so all heavyweights should be scared. :rock

Edited by Josh H

I heard Rich Lupkes just easily beat Nick Zinna 3-0 at the toproll tournament (just 3 or so hours ago). Bill Logsden beat Russ Stark pretty easily, Ethan beat Luke Kindt and Shane Mclaughlin (what? both in supermatches) at least that's what I hear. It looks like Rich is back to his old self, so all heavyweights should be scared. :rock

Great news :rock

One mistake, Luke Kindt was not there, he had airline problems, so Shane Mclaughlin stepped in for Luke. Ethan beat him 3-2 right and 3-1 left. Tom Dixon also beat Ryan Clark 3-2 (right handed). Don says he doesn't think anybody has a chance against Rich Lupkes now (he may just be trying to pump some people so he can be sure to get a great opponent for Rich next time though, I'm not sure). I hope John Brzenk faces Rich next.

Also, great job to Scott Harris (GetAGrip87) for taking 2nd place right handed in the 0-154 lbs class! How'd you do left handed Scott?

Nick Zinna is a monster for sure, but hasn't he dropped like 80 pounds in the past year? Did he retain all of his strength?

Lupkes, before his bicep injury, had beaten Tim Bresnan, who I think everyone would rank above Zinna, so a victory over Zinna isn't an indicator that Lupkes is at the top in my opinion. I think I vaguely remember Tom Nelson beating Zinna at the Harley Pull or some other tourney last year? Zinna is a beast, but beating him doesn't exactly mean that your next opponent has to be John Brzenk, heh, there are others in between.

Zinna is a beast, but beating him doesn't exactly mean that your next opponent has to be John Brzenk, heh, there are others in between.

Nick Zinna is probably at or near his top form now. He beat Don Underwood and Don Underwood beat Tim Bresnan at the Arnolds and came very close to beating Michael Todd then.

I would be far more interested in seeing Richard Lupkes face Devon Larratt and Dave Randall (assuming he's in shape) right now - since I don't believe he's faced either and those two are my #1 # and #2 in the world right now.

Yeah I remember Tom and Nick having a war at the 2008 Harley Pull, I believe right handed? And last weekend at the US Open, Chris Chandler got a win on Tom right handed. Last month Nick killed Chris right handed. I'd say Nick's better than he's ever been right now.

was ArmTV there ?

No.

Yeah I remember Tom and Nick having a war at the 2008 Harley Pull, I believe right handed? And last weekend at the US Open, Chris Chandler got a win on Tom right handed. Last month Nick killed Chris right handed. I'd say Nick's better than he's ever been right now.

I got a chance to armwrestle with Tom and some of the armbenders this last saturday, Tom is a BEAST coming into nationals!

I got a chance to armwrestle with Tom and some of the armbenders this last saturday, Tom is a BEAST coming into nationals!

I'm sure he is a beast, but, if he and Nick go again right handed, I will put money on Nick. Left handed Tom would beat Nick all day though.

Toproll highlight video:

All of Rich Lupkes vs. Nick Zinna is in there and also all of the other supermatches are in there at least a couple times.

Wow, he did beat Zinna rather easily!!! Unbelievable strength.

Lupkes could be the strongest puller on the planet now! :rock

Someone - please - set up a supermatch with Devon Larratt. :bow

Edited by G-Man

He could be, but I wouldn't be so quick to put him against Devon just because he beat Nick Zinna easily. Lets see him go against Travis at the next toproll tournament and if he wins, Devon next...