Help With Routine . . .

austinslater

Here is what Im planning on doing after talking to some others on the board. Tues: coc work up to attempts with 3 and 2-4 sets of strapholds with the 1 or 2. thurs:rolling thunder work and some wrist curls. sat: repeat coc workout from tues, and some moderate pinch work. Im really trying to focus on the number 3 and the rolling thunder as I have a RT contest in april and would also like to get certified on the 3 while there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the input! Austin Slater

I forgot to mention my general workout. I will deadlift with straps to save my grip for the actuall workouts on tues, bench on thurs, and squat on sat.. Let me know what you think

I find that I have trouble working towards multiple grip goals. Sure I have many, but I only actively pursue one at a time. I have pinch goals, but until I achieve my goal of closing the #3 I don't actively work my pinch. That's just me, find what works best for you and stick with it. Good luck on your goals.

Using straps on the deadlift will open up a debate around here. I'm on the side that will tell you no...the whole mind body connection argument. The more you use your hands the stronger the connection to your will power will be. Sure, your gripper work won't be as good in the short term but in the long run I believe leaving the straps alone will make your grip stronger.

I'll let other's argue the other side.

Jon@han

Edited by Jonathan McMillan