Crushing Handshake

astrojetred

Can you crush someone's hand in a handshake? Or even worse, can someone crush your own hand in a shake? I used to think it was just an expression, "bone crushing grip," but as my crush strength increases, I now wonder, can a hand be crushed? Now, of course it depends on the hand being crushed, but for argument sake, it's a developed hand with no problems. At least a CoC #1.5-#2 capable hand.

I squeezed my own hand as it sat unclenched, and boy did it hurt. When clenched, there is no pain. So this question is for two clenched hands, in a hardy handshake.

((( I realize this should be in grip, not armwrestling. Please forgive me, I did it by accident:( If there's a way to move it, please feel free to let me know. )))

Edited by Puller

why would you want to crush a hand ? .....grippers are more fun :)

I'd like to know if someone could crush MY hand!

If someone wanted to hurt you there are far easier ways, so I don't think you need to worry about it. In regards to the question though, yes it isn't very difficult to hurt someone by squeezing their hand too hard.

If someone wanted to hurt you there are far easier ways, so I don't think you need to worry about it. In regards to the question though, yes it isn't very difficult to hurt someone by squeezing their hand too hard.

I'm actually not worried about my hand being crushed. I was being playful. I just wanted to hear what people had to say about it. We thought it was true. This was before I started training my grip. I learned it was just a phrase, then thought it might be true. I think it would be very hard to hurt a strong hand with just a shake. You would have to be a beast.

Early last year when I had lunch with Dennis Rogers, he told me about how The Hammer man Farman (spelling?) would shake his hand, and proceed to squeeze it so hard that Dennis had to try his best to prevent the pain to increase beyond tolerance. He said it did not work though, the pain was so high it almost made a grown man cries. If you hand is stornger than Dennis's then no worry Puller.

• Like 1

I like to shake hands with girls (especially the elderly) and squeeze until they cry, then laugh and point and call them a crybaby.

Lots of people can hurt my hand if they want to, I think some of it has to do with how small my hand is. :(

Once two guys were hitting on my girlfriend (now wife) while I was using the men's room. When I returned and met the men, I shook their hands and squeezed for kingdom come. it didn't do a thing; at the time I was closing a #2. Looking back it was stupid machismo.

I think the first thing needed for a bone crushing handshake is a huge hand. I will never have a bone crushing handshake for that reason :) Guys with huge hands don't even need to be that strong to crush a much smaller hand, the leverage advantage is truly great, they can apply much better preassure, and if their hand is also wide-ish, then you wont be able to apply enough since you can only wrap the fingertips around his hand. Sucks. :)

I think the first thing needed for a bone crushing handshake is a huge hand. I will never have a bone crushing handshake for that reason :) Guys with huge hands don't even need to be that strong to crush a much smaller hand, the leverage advantage is truly great, they can apply much better preassure, and if their hand is also wide-ish, then you wont be able to apply enough since you can only wrap the fingertips around his hand. Sucks. :)

LOL, you need not despair my friend. I 've met a guy with even smaller hand than mine, and yet his grip was unbelievably tight. It shook my foundation in disbelief. My tips is if your hand is small there 2 ways to prevent someone crushing your hand: 1- point all your fingers toward his wrist as close to his wrist as can be. When this happens your fingers are away from his fingers, so he can't squeeze effectively it even if he wants to. 2- I don't really train my grip like those grip fanatics here. BUt I do train my grip isometricly a lot using ivanko gripper. I train my ring finger and pinky to counter other fingers. Since then my handshake is much much better. If you think about it, the ring finger and pinky play a great deal in a strong handshake. The index and middle fingers normally rest on people palm. There you can't squueze the palm (unless your nick name is the Hammer man) that good, but the other fingers are near the guy fingers (ring and pinky) therefore they must be trained to counterattack. I enjoy the fact that, since then i can adjust the grip to match most people grip w/o being rude. I enjoy seeing the face reacts to my adjustment and smile while holding your own, and send a positive message across. YOu will be amazed to feel your ring and pinky match up real well against even large palm and hand and. If you look at my hand you would not think much about it. My fingers are small and isometric did not do any thing to enlarge it so far. But in my gym people think I have that killer hand shake. The knowledge is on my side. IMO, if Dennis Rogers 'd used this technic he wouldn't have dealt with the pain as said (jamming your hand real close to the guy thumb and stay away from his fingers and save the day). NO, grip the guy fingers (to attack) in the beginning sometime would not work against a world class level grip guy. Thought the leverage in on your side the guy can still curl his fingers and counterattack and kick your asrse. But this can be very negative and provoking. Just stay away from the middle of his hand if you're not sure

Edited by fightertrainer

I like to shake hands with girls (especially the elderly) and squeeze until they cry, then laugh and point and call them a crybaby.

Haha, this thread is awesome. Please, don't do this. :happy

Early last year when I had lunch with Dennis Rogers, he told me about how The Hammer man Farman (spelling?) would shake his hand, and proceed to squeeze it so hard that Dennis had to try his best to prevent the pain to increase beyond tolerance. He said it did not work though, the pain was so high it almost made a grown man cries. If you hand is stornger than Dennis's then no worry Puller.

Wow, you see, that's what I'm talking about. Crazy. :blink

Lots of people can hurt my hand if they want to, I think some of it has to do with how small my hand is. :(

Where I work, there is a cook with small everything. Before I started training my grip, I used to think his grip was pretty good. A nice firm handshake. But now, I've easily crushed his fingers in the mercy position; fingers locking. If he were to train his grip equally, he too would have a crushing grip. ;)

Once two guys were hitting on my girlfriend (now wife) while I was using the men's room. When I returned and met the men, I shook their hands and squeezed for kingdom come. it didn't do a thing; at the time I was closing a #2. Looking back it was stupid machismo.

Haha, Fail. I can only close the #2. I don't think I could have done any better, but I totally would have tried. haha

Wow, fightertrainer, you've got this down to a science! Thanks a lot for the tips!!

Wow, fightertrainer, you've got this down to a science! Thanks a lot for the tips!!

You're welcomed Arturo. it's my job any way to train people to counterattack. Do you remember the macho game called "have mercy"? Where 2 peoples interlace the fingers and push you hand/fingers downward to force the opponent to on the ground on his kees saying "have mercy" . In 1975, I weighed only 130 lbs at 5'6" small and skinny with small fingers. This big guy who was 6'1" or so at 230lbs challenged me to play "have mercy" . I was into martial art, but I thought no way I could match up against him doing that game, unless I can come up with a tactical and leverage advantage on my side. I thought about for a minute and came up with the technique I still use it today if some poor soul challenge me to it. With this techinque I have squeezed/twisted/crunched the guy boths hands so hard that some of his fingers bled from under the nails. I was in "rage" when I did this and the poor guy was kneeling on the ground in agony. After my release, he stood up with his fingers trembling and blood's seeping thru the nails. I realized that I have created a monster "have mercy" technique. Had fingers been any where near the level they are today I would have broken the man hand.

I am not sure that I want to teach someone to do that now a day. But as you know if you understand leverage you can use it. And every pound of pressure you create it feel like 20 pounds to your opponent fingers. Plus the fucrum favors you hand, you can defeat just about any one regardless the hand size/strength. :rock

I've got relatively small hands and very short fingers (particularly ring and pinky) but I've beaten loads of people at the "Shakehands" game where you crush away till one person gives up. I always find it pretty hard getting a good grip on large handed guys, normally only getting 2 fingers just round their palm but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

The fact that my father forced me to play this game repeatedly when I was young, and still does now (normally after a few beers!) probably helped me get pretty good at it!

A good tip for mercy is to squeeze your fingers together (i.e trying to get your fingers to touch each other), that's normally the deal breaker.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring this back up, but, fightertrainer, I don't intend or want to hurt anybody but a technique

that creates so much leverage that you can actually press blood out of your opponent's hand would sure

be interesting to know because I've got really no idea how that's possible unless your name is Joe Kinney.

Could you please explain ? :)

You're welcomed Arturo. it's my job any way to train people to counterattack. Do you remember the macho game called "have mercy"? Where 2 peoples interlace the fingers and push you hand/fingers downward to force the opponent to on the ground on his kees saying "have mercy" . In 1975, I weighed only 130 lbs at 5'6" small and skinny with small fingers. This big guy who was 6'1" or so at 230lbs challenged me to play "have mercy" . I was into martial art, but I thought no way I could match up against him doing that game, unless I can come up with a tactical and leverage advantage on my side. I thought about for a minute and came up with the technique I still use it today if some poor soul challenge me to it. With this techinque I have squeezed/twisted/crunched the guy boths hands so hard that some of his fingers bled from under the nails. I was in "rage" when I did this and the poor guy was kneeling on the ground in agony. After my release, he stood up with his fingers trembling and blood's seeping thru the nails. I realized that I have created a monster "have mercy" technique. Had fingers been any where near the level they are today I would have broken the man hand.

I am not sure that I want to teach someone to do that now a day. But as you know if you understand leverage you can use it. And every pound of pressure you create it feel like 20 pounds to your opponent fingers. Plus the fucrum favors you hand, you can defeat just about any one regardless the hand size/strength. :rock

What if the guy is much bigger/stronger than you and knows the "secret technique" unbeknown to yourself??? :blink:blink:blink

What if the guy is much bigger/stronger than you and knows the "secret technique" unbeknown to yourself??? :blink:blink:blink

It's like hand-jujitsu my man. You want to be the man who use the leverage first. Don't wait for the other guy set his grip. If you know how ot use the knee-bar technic then it doesn't matter how big your opponent leg is. Once you set it in you can litterally break the knee with leverage. Guy with big hand will never suspect a thing from a small hand like mine. And that opens a lot of opportunity for ya to "break it" I would only use this on someone who is a real jerk and is a big guy too.

And BTW, a member here already pmed me and asked me for the technic. And I 've shared it with him. It's not as secret technic, I am willing to share if i feel the right person asks me. He then told me that we couild break hand with it

It's like hand-jujitsu my man. You want to be the man who use the leverage first. Don't wait for the other guy set his grip. If you know how ot use the knee-bar technic then it doesn't matter how big your opponent leg is. Once you set it in you can litterally break the knee with leverage. Guy with big hand will never suspect a thing from a small hand like mine. And that opens a lot of opportunity for ya to "break it" I would only use this on someone who is a real jerk and is a big guy too.

Yes, clinch hands rotate 180 and throw him on his ass over your hip, then arm bar him! Make him tap, and then praise the mutual welfare and benefit you both achieved! Skic-Judoman

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard of this mercy technique. I, too have taken martial arts (wing chun.) I can also close the #2 with out a set. Just put it in my hand and close. Pretty quick, too. and I think my hands are average size for a 6'3" guy.

This sounds like a page out of Chin Na, a chinese martial art. Research it.

I've never heard of this mercy technique. I, too have taken martial arts (wing chun.) I can also close the #2 with out a set. Just put it in my hand and close. Pretty quick, too. and I think my hands are average size for a 6'3" guy.

I never heard of chin Na. I invented this on the spot when a big guy asked to dare play mercy with him. With back ground on martial art, I came up with it after few minutes of thinking about hand anotomy. The pain would be so high, most people would never look into his hands and see what actually happen. I hope I will never have to use it again.

I never heard of chin Na. I invented this on the spot when a big guy asked to dare play mercy with him. With back ground on martial art, I came up with it after few minutes of thinking about hand anotomy. The pain would be so high, most people would never look into his hands and see what actually happen. I hope I will never have to use it again.

Really? Huh. It's an extremely popular police martial art. Especially in Taiwan. What level is your training, and in what martial art, if you don't mind me asking? I took my martial art several years ago. I'm not much of a master. Just retaining basic principles of power and alignment.