Wrist Rolling Develops What?

python

:ninja Does anyone know exactly what wrist rolling develops? I heard it is good for building massive forearms, is this true? Is it better to roll with a lighter weight or a heavier weight ? and which do each way develop? I think it would serve the interest of most beginner grippers to know specifically what each exercise develops. Anyone wishing to explain the function of each exercise what it develops etc...would be appreciated. I for one, believe it would be helpful in developing a grip program to fit ones own needs.. Thanks for all Input.

I believe to the best of my knowledge that wrist rolling is good for manythings.

#1 it is by far one of THE best tools for forearm size!

#2 asfar as what it works, i think if you do the movement slow and feel what you are working, you will get a better idea of what it is doing for you. when i started doing wrist roller work my forearms blew up fast!

i actualy hold mine out in front of me, so i do get some shoulder work aswell. even abbs play a big part in this movement. if your holdig it out in front of you.

useing a bar to hold the roller for you , will allow you to go HEAVY. thus, letting you use more to power your wrists.

then you have the issue of thick handle or reguler. i would say one of each would benefit you.

i am a fan of the thick handle though. i have gained mass, and wrist strangth from this.

if you are looking to ONLY get in a good wrist and forearm workout,..a thick andled roller suported by a bar wil do. however even though you cant go as heavy by holding it yoursef- you will work other muscles!

if your new, work with one pretty heavy for a few months. you wil be a wrist roller expert!

:D

I believe wristrolling to be the best all around grip wrist and forearm exercise. It is my favorite. Experiment with different size rollers, and also with smooth or knurled. I only do the supported kind, winding up to shoulder height and back down to the floor.

Guest sjeff70

I guess you have to ask yourself why you are doing them. What you are doing them for. I've got someone building me some stuff, so that I can finally start doing them.

I'm going to do them Kinney style...singles...and then I will experiment with rolling them all the way up and back down. It would seem to me that if you used singles it would be good for power, and rolling all the way up and down would stimulate more size in your forearms. I won't know this until I try.

If I can't stimulate size by rolling the weight up and back down, anymore than I can with singles, then I have no purpose in doing them that way. I have no use for forearm endurance.

Jeff

I'm going to do them Kinney style...singles...and then I will experiment with rolling them all the way up and back down. It would seem to me that if you used singles it would be good for power, and rolling all the way up and down would stimulate more size in your forearms.

Does singles mean just like a reverse wrist curl or what? I thought you were supposed to roll up to shoulder height & back down.

When I train on the wristroller, I first roll towards me palms down. Then away from me palms down. After that I do the same thing with palms up. This is one set. I increase the weigh and repeat. This is done until the weight becomes to heavy.