26 members have voted

1. 1. Ring Finger Size

• Only a Dime (little guy)
    • Just a penny
    • A Penny with quite a bit to spare
    • A Nickel (Beefy)
    • A Quarter (Pfister sized)
    • A half Dollar (Awesome)

In the recent IM catalog mentioned that Phil Pfister can “pass a U.S. quarter through his wedding ring.” I realized that this was another way to indicate hand/finger size. Even better would be actually knowing your finger size and posting it, but the coin through the ring will have to do for now. The poll is for US coins only, if someone wants they can start one for other coins, but I don’t know where they compare in terms of size to US. I put in two choices for penny because I'm guessing a lot of people will be in that category. Also, I’m not sure if a Susan B. Anthony dollar is bigger than a quarter, less than a 50-cent so I left it out. The poll is for “ring-fingers,” next to the pinky. I can only get a penny through (easily) but I am real close to a nickel, which I probably could get through a ring made for my middle finger.

Haven't tried the coin thing, But my wedding ring is a 13 1/4.

Here’s a ring finger chart (thanks to Roark): http://www.diamondhub.com/ring.htm

Here are the coins measurements (with a micrometer, accurate to 1/1000”):

Dime= .705 Inches, 17.907 mm

Penny= .75 Inches , 19.05 mm

Nickel= .838 Inches, 21.285 mm

Quarter= 0.955 Inches, 24.257 mm

A size 12 would fit through a nickel 11.5 does not, as Robert and I noted (I think that’s my size too).

Hey, what’s with you guys not having any coins? Maybe we should start a fund? :)

Tom,

Here are the coins measurements (with a micrometer, accurate to 1/1000”):

Dime= .705 Inches, 17.907 mm

Penny= .75 Inches , 19.05 mm

Nickel= .838 Inches, 21.285 mm

Quarter= 0.955 Inches, 24.257 mm

you're nuts... :blink:yikes:yikes

But we are all nuts :whacked:whacked

My finger's diameter is 18mm so i suppose a dime would do the trick !

But hey i'm not a little guy :ninja : 5"11 and 8.3" hands !?

I was pretty amazed when I read the Phil could pass a US quarter through his ring. I know that he is a big guy with big hands. But having never met him it really put his hand size into perspective.

Oh yeah, I was one of the many who could pass only a penny through my wedding band. With room to spare. Pretty close to a nickel. If I recall correctly my ring is an 11.

Edit was typo correction.

Edited by Adam Black

I wear a 13, so not very large fingers.....

Phil & Big Tony Scrivens have the same ring size. We were comapring them at breakfast before the American Hercules in 2001. Both men wear a SIZE 20! We could drop my comfort fit (thicker band) size 13 1/4 through their rings. Phil's hands are much longer than Tony's. Tony's are about 8 1/2" & very thick, Phil's are probably an inch longer than Tony's. Hence Phil's nickname "Penis Fingers".

I have a size 13.5 ring and Josh wears a size 16.We both weigh around 260 but i am taller.My fingers are getting bigger as i gain weight and add grip work....a little anyway.

I know- I'm the redundant guy(redundant,redundant)but as John said Phil and Tonys hands are amazing....Tony's are much wider than Phils though.I've met several 7 footers(we had a member that was 7'2" awhile back and we have a guy whos 6'8"and they don't have hands like Phils or Tonys)

John I think Tony's are a shde longer than 8 1/2...??as usual I can't find the pics of Tonys hands but they are in the grip gallery next to a measuring tape :whacked.

I don't wear a ring but I tried on a ring from a key chain and it fit the way a ring would which was a shock to me as it left room for a penny and change :D I would have thought I would measure in the dime section. Neat comparison!

Jon@han