Routine Critique

sammyg

Tuesdays- Plier Holds (10 sets x 10sec holds)

Two Handed Pinching (10 sets x 10sec holds)

Plate Curls (4 sets x max reps w/10kg plate)

Thursdays- Plier Lifts (3 warmup sets, 10 sets x max lift)

Two Handed Pinching (3 warmup sets, 10 sets x max lift)

Plate Curls (4 sets x max rep w/10kg plate)

What do you guys think of that for awhile?

Repping in plate curl will do OK for a few weeks but you'll have to work on singles to improve.

If you can do strap holds instead of plier holds, it would be better IMO.

Maybe dropping the sets to 5-6 and working harder.

Looks petty good.

i agree however about dropping the sets. 10 seems like alot. i would drop the sets, and raise the intensity very high!

i havnt done mch with pliers, but, i did bye some. when i close the #3 then i will try other things. i tried some plier chins once,.... :yikes !!!!

you would have to be one STONG mama to do them. i couldnt even raise myself up one inch!

i also wiegh 240 lbs too :D

if there is one thing i realy think you should change, it would be the pinching for 10 sets at 10 secs.

try about 4-5 sets, even less perhaps. and only 5 secs. IMHO, this will give you thump streagth faster. but, maybee hiegh sets work for you.

Thanx for that guys. I'm using pliers because i don't have any grippers. I like them ALOT anyway! I will drop my sets to 5-6 aswell. With the plate curls, i would go heavier for singles, but i only have a 10kg plate to use for them, so i can't add weight. The next jump is a huge 30lb plate. So until i can find a suitable bar to go through the middle, i will have to do reps with the 10kg plate.

I followed some advice 3Crusher gave me about a month ago and switched to holds 2x a week. I am so very close to posting my "I finally closed the #3" post.

In fact I have vowed to not touch the #3 for another few weeks. I will make an attempt on Christmas day. I have little doubt that I will close it then. As my goal set way back in March was to close the #3 this year, it should be a great Christmas present to myself.

I am no expert, but to me it seems like you are doing too many sets. I used to overtrain my grip. The 2x a week holds for 2-5 sets has really enabled me to close the gap on that last ¼ inch.

Of course after reading Terminators daily training routine it seems that some folks can handle lots of volume and thrive on it. So my best suggestion is to just track your progress and see what works best for you.

You should buy some grippers!!!

it would be cool to see witch ones you can close when you get them,.....if you can close the #2 or more,..it will be a good statement for pliar training!