3crusher And Slim

Bill Piche

Which one is older?

Just funning with you Steve, great pic of you two!

Steve's nailbending has came on in leaps and bounds, so being relative beginner at bending I think your progress is amazing.......

I'm really surprised nobody mentioned the size of Slim's hands. That's what prompted me to send this pic to Bill, not 3crusher's GQ smile. That's also why the reference to Steve's size at 6-2, 245. :yikes

Guest woody36

It was the first thing i noticed, they look very strong

and weathered,the Man's a walking redwood tree.

Pat, did you shake hands with him? his hands look in

the 9"plus bracket for length.

Edited by woody36

Woody, I certainly did shake hands with him. In a word his hands are HUGE! I wonder what Slim could do if he were enticed to try grippers, IDB, etc. It seemed to me that some of the handles on his hammers were greater than 2", maybe Tom knows the dimensions.

Terminator,

Analyzing one of my pictures from the Dinner, with the hammer sitting on a ½” board I compared the board thickness measured on the screen to the handle measurements for the handle:

The handles are elliptical in shape with old style electrical tape wrapped around them to increase the size. The wider diameter is 2” and the narrow diameter is 1.5”. The handle was even wider at the end (I guess to create a “saddle” for his hand) and was 2.2” This was the handle/hammer that Heath tried.

The handles that Slim used for the overhead lever looked to be a little smaller in diameter. I have no point of reference in the photos to figure out their width. His thumb seems to overlap his index finger by about an inch in the photo on my web page That’s a very big hand.

Just curious...

In the picture with Slim, does anyone know the significance of the stars on his shirt?

I've seen a few pictures of him before, and the stars were also displayed. And yes I know one is the Star of David, but what throws me off is the presence of other 'regular' stars.

As I said, I'm just curious, but I couldn't help wondering if there was some significance to them and/or that they represented something about him.

It's amazing to me that Slim hasn't had some acting roles or small parts in the movies.he looks like something right out of the old west.....Clint Eastwood......only real.

Nice pics.

Gripmeister,

The Star of David is in honor of The Mighty Atom, Joe Greenstein, who was Slim's mentor. I am not sure about the others. Maybe Roark or Tom Black know.

LOL :D

Ok ...you asked for it..just kidding.I could actually bore you to death with my reasoning. :sleeping. But Clint acts ;) like he's strong and tough-or used to-I'm pretty sure on my worst day and I'm talking 60 lbs ago when I was a senior in high school I could have pinned Clint on his best day in a few seconds.Slim..never met him but he IS strong and tough... and actually looks 'double' tough...but he's 70 and still he scares me. :erm I think he would REALLY convey that on a movie screen..especially in a scene where he had those mits of his wrapped around some punks neck?

Instead of Clints Dirty Harry speech?about "this is the 44 magnum handgun the most powerful hand gun in the world"

Slim could just hold up his hand and say"these are the strongest hands in the world.....etc...etc."

Does he have an agent...the wheels are spinning....I'm thinking about a sequel..without the 44 magnum :whistel

"are you feeling lucky todya ..punk?"

Only problem with Slim and the movies is I seriously doubt he would take orders from some pencilneck director. He's his own man, that's for sure.

That and the fact Slim's wardrobe seems to be all black. I agree he put on quite a show at this year's AOBS. :)