Armwrestling The Bar Crowd

astrojetred

Hi, everyone. I posted this in the newbie forum, but I thought i'd give it a shot in the AW thread.

Anyway, I have a "how to" question. How do I approach armwrestling for money? I thought about going to a bar with my girlfriend. Like a bet type of deal. Who ever loses gives up 10 bucks sort of deal. I know better not to drink. Just a safety beer, haha. I'd appreciate info on how to effectively armwrestle at a low table, and how to avoid the "you cheated" situation. I don't use a chair when I armwrestle at a low table, for example, and that might be an issue with the cheating accusation. Any info on how to approach someone, past experiences, big fish stories, starting bets, who to target, knowing when to quit, and any info period, will be appreciated. I live in CA, if it helps.

THANKS!

No offense, but I don't offer help to anyone going into bars to AW for money.

Believe me, you're asking for trouble.

Mighty Joe

How do I approach armwrestling for money?

Go to a tournament.

Other advice... Don't Arm Wrestle At Bars.

No offense, but I don't offer help to anyone going into bars to AW for money.

Believe me, you're asking for trouble.

Mighty Joe

None taken. You see, it was actually an idea, not a taken action, so I think you are free to help, which you did anyway. Trouble, huh? Okay, I'll forget about that idea. Thank you so much, Mighty Joe.

Go to a tournament.

So I've learned.

Switching gears; are there any bay area pullers looking to pull for free? Haha. Hard to travel out to tournies with the 3mo old.

Go to a tournament.

So I've learned.

Switching gears; are there any bay area pullers looking to pull for free? Haha. Hard to travel out to tournies with the 3mo old.

We practice in Sacramento all the time, feel free to PM me if you plan on coming into town. :rock

And, I have armwrestled in quite a few bars..just keep in mind...people don't like to lose, especially drunk people. Just be ready to throw down if things go bad.

Edited by AFreeland

If you're looking for people to train with, here's a list of CA Pullers: http://www.armwrestlersnearyou.com/ca.html

More than one of those guys are world champions, if you don't live far away from Bill Collins you should train with him, he's a world champ, and he ptus on a lot of tournaments, he is the president of the Armwrestlings ArmWorld Promotions.

We practice in Sacramento all the time, feel free to PM me if you plan on coming into town. :rock

And, I have armwrestled in quite a few bars..just keep in mind...people don't like to lose, especially drunk people. Just be ready to throw down if things go bad.

Awesome. I have family up there in Charmichael. I'll PM you if I'm up that way.

If you're looking for people to train with, here's a list of CA Pullers: http://www.armwrestlersnearyou.com/ca.html

More than one of those guys are world champions, if you don't live far away from Bill Collins you should train with him, he's a world champ, and he ptus on a lot of tournaments, he is the president of the Armwrestlings ArmWorld Promotions.

Looks like Bill lives about an hour and a half away from me. There's a tourny in Los Banos on May 2 09, too. http://www.armworldpromotions.com/events_0...onApricotFiesta. Maybe I'll see you there.

"Switching gears; are there any bay area pullers looking to pull for free? Haha. Hard to travel out to tournies with the 3mo old."

welcome to the world of "you now have a real life"

i havent competed in years maby one day soon

rico

"Switching gears; are there any bay area pullers looking to pull for free? Haha. Hard to travel out to tournies with the 3mo old."

welcome to the world of "you now have a real life"

i havent competed in years maby one day soon

rico

That sucks. I'm actually going to try to make it out to the next tourney in my area. I'm just going to stop making excuses for myself and just do it. If I get slaughtered, at least I'll know how much harder I'll need to train. Just do it, man.

Looks like Bill lives about an hour and a half away from me. There's a tourny in Los Banos on May 2 09, too. http://www.armworldpromotions.com/events_0...onApricotFiesta. Maybe I'll see you there.

I won't be there, I live in Minnesota. Good luck though!

I won't be there, I live in Minnesota. Good luck though!

Bummer. Thanks for the link, man. :)

Edited by Puller

James Retarides used to armwrestle in bars for money all the time. Unfortunately this was in Connecticut and the bar actually had an armwrestling table in it. I don't know if he is on this board, but if he is you should ask him about the subject.

James Retarides used to armwrestle in bars for money all the time. Unfortunately this was in Connecticut and the bar actually had an armwrestling table in it. I don't know if he is on this board, but if he is you should ask him about the subject.

Just seemed like something fun. Maybe he'll stumble over this thread.