Pullups For Armwrestling

golgotha

What is best for armwrestling,supinated(palms facing you) or pronated(palms away from you) grip? Static or dynamic training?Negatives?

What is best for armwrestling,supinated(palms facing you) or pronated(palms away from you) grip? Static or dynamic training?Negatives?

I go neutral palms facing each other. I also go heavy I think I was up to 10 at a body weight equivalent of about 325-335 before I stalled now I am doing less weight and more reps with different movements thrown in. Some times I'll pull up and let go with one hand and hold for as long as I can.

So I say go neutral and go as heavy as you can go. Be careful with negatives though you can hurt yourself or that elbow may flare up if you haven't recovered enough from pulling.

Static and dynamic are safe bets. Negatives give great results as well.....but if your putting a lot of strain on your arm from pulling already......you may just be flirting with injury.

my aim is to be able to do them one handed. right now i can hold in arm wrestling position with one arm on both arms. i want to be abel to start from bottom and pull all way chin to top with one arm. is taking some time though.

my aim is to be able to do them one handed. right now i can hold in arm wrestling position with one arm on both arms. i want to be abel to start from bottom and pull all way chin to top with one arm. is taking some time though.

How long can you hold? If it's longer than 10-15 seconds. Try adding some weight to your hold to get in that 4-8 second area. Then once you get back to over 10-15. Add more weight.....pretty soon I would think a one arm neutral pull from the ground would be easy.

You should absolutely do all Three.

Palms face you help Hook

Palms face away help Top Roll

Palms face each other help general back pressure.

Bob have right!

so is good: http://www.ptonthenet.com/images/exercises..._chin_ups_2.jpg

I make how Voevoda - additionally train wrist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB3IeyNOTjA

see time 0:27

You should absolutely do all Three.

Palms face you help Hook

Palms face away help Top Roll

Palms face each other help general back pressure.

Bob have right!

so is good: http://www.ptonthenet.com/images/exercises..._chin_ups_2.jpg

I make how Voevoda - additionally train wrist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB3IeyNOTjA

see time 0:27

I like that voevoda way with the wrist curl thumbs (and thumb pad) over the bar almost like hook position. I'm going to have to mess with that a little and see what it does for me.

335lbsx10 reps? Full range of motion? What do you weigh? Not saying I dont believe you but that is a huge pullup number if its full range of motion

335lbsx10 reps? Full range of motion? What do you weigh? Not saying I dont believe you but that is a huge pullup number if its full range of motion

This is total weight including my body weight at the time which was about 220. So I'm really only adding 115 to my self not 335 if that's what your thinking. I didn't think it was that good to be honest. Only thing I thought was good about it was the time it took me to get to that point.

How long can you hold? If it's longer than 10-15 seconds. Try adding some weight to your hold to get in that 4-8 second area. Then once you get back to over 10-15. Add more weight.....pretty soon I would think a one arm neutral pull from the ground would be easy.

its about 15 seconds on both arms.

its about 15 seconds on both arms.

Have you tried one arm assisted? Like with a table or something next to you, and pressing down on it with your free hand. Until your using less and less pressure and get comfortable with the movement.