Inch Tilt

Bill Piche

I was discussing this offline with a member and I went to Sorinex and noticed in the pics of people lifting the bell, all had a "slight" tilt one way or another.

Guest woody36

Out of interest, how far do you have to get the bell off

the ground in order to have claimed you lifted the "inch"?

Because i'm guessing most who could claim to have lifted it, didn't get it past knee height.

Because the thumb is 'offset' on the hand. and not directly opposite

the middle finger, some tilting may occur.

Did those men begin from the tilted position?

This pic of Nathan Holle shows perfect form in an excellent lift of an Inch replica. It demonstrates pure grip strength. The hand is only in contact with the handle.

acj.sized.jpg

Old guy that bell weighs 195 before weight is added and is 3-4 years old. The suggestion being naturally that a 172 bell cannot be lifted level by me - ha ha - a joke I'm sure. NB: Nathan and I are using the blue tracksuit bottoms of power :)

Edited by mobsterone

Guest Mikael Siversson

Oldguy, I have seen the video photage of the entire 2002 British Grip Championship. Steve outclassed everyone in the thick bar dumbell lift, in perfect style. No tilting whatsoever. Regardless of what you are trying to prove, Steve showed, in competition, that he is extremely strong with thick bar stuff.

Hey Steve do you put your wrist all over the globe as much as possible when you're lifting 285 on your RT handle? :dry:shifty

What globes get used in the Rolling Thunder lift? Or is that what you are inferring? I suespct it is. My RT is 282 and as you hint it doesn't tilt and there is of course a picture showing this. Oldguy cannot do as is asked as he lifts less in perfect form but we haven't actually seen a picture of the lift only of the bell itself. Oldguy?

What globes get used in the Rolling Thunder lift? Or is that what you are inferring? I suespct it is. My RT is 282 and as you hint it doesn't tilt and there is of course a picture showing this.

Yeah that's what I was saying.

I am not claiming a superior technique. If it was superior then more could be lifted that way. More can be lifted if you tilt the bell and brace against the globe or inside plate.

Wanna,

I can't find the pics of Big Tony deadlifting the Inch.Could you put up a link?or tell me how to get there?I don't recall much of a tilt in that pic.-may be mistaken......

Thanks

I thought Big Tony was going to join the gripboard..they were having some problems getting on(technical/computer glitch or something)any word from him....

Fellas-

I know if I were to reach down grab the handle and lift the Inch or Mill. I would care less is there was a slight or severe tilt after it broke the ground.

You lift it from the ground with one hand on the handle, you own it.

-HH :cool

Thanks woodman...That photo is always worth a second look.

I've posted this before but in the back ground is 6'8",345lb Charlie Kaptur.Some big boys.....

I'm still rooting for Big Tony(sorry mob)to lift the MILLENIUM.He's put a lot of years into lifting and 5 years as a PRO strongman...I'd love to see him get some applause.. :laugh .

If Tony or John B. are out there...IS TONY GOING TO BE TAKEING ORDERS FOR CHEESECAKES????

Did anyone notice in the Nathan Holle pic that his lifting hand is braced against his leg? Still an awesome lift!! :online

My hand gets braced as well. Most of the finish you'll see the elbow rests against the knee. If we were doing a full one-handed deadlift with dumbbell then its allowed.