Mark Henry

Roark

The Arnold Classic website has announced that Mark Henry will be

in Columbus to defend his strongman title.

No mention yet of the Inch bell-but hopefully that will be included at

least as a demoonstration.

The Apollon Wheels replica will also be there.

Last year the strongman competition was included in the cost of the

Expo entry fee ($10, all day come and go).

The other comeptitors have not been listed yet- I suspect have

not been chosen yet, though there is a rumor that our Moderators

will be there to make a good showing :cool

Go Mark! I hope that Mark proves once again that he IS one of the strongest men in the world, as well as having incredible grip strength. Maybe capturing the title two years in a row will win him more of the respect that he so clearly deserves.

I hope they invite Svend and Phil to compete.They were second and third to Henry last year....and had just done the Boston strongman contest just 6 days before the Arnold 'test'(very tough 2 day pro strongman contest...strongmen have told me it takes 3 1/2 to 5 weeks to recover from high level - 7 or 8 event!-pro contests :blink ) thus they HAVE earned an invite....the other competitors?hard to say.Phillipi was 4th I think?bergmanis?

People can say what they want about Phils 'lifting'strength or Brute strength..he did well at the Arnold and DID get the INCH overhead before Henry did(via continental clean...but 2nd guy to do it since KAZ)

Obviously it would be cool to get some high level Olympic lifters in there?But..from what I understand they weren't(aren't?) interested last year......I'd like to see them invite Chermikin,big man,big hands,quick and with considerable mass...he is nearing the end of his career?maybe he would consider it?

Who would the rest of you like to see at the Arnold vs. Mark Henry?????

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Let's not forget the Arnold is NOT a strongman contest. If it where , Henry would not stand a chance. Yes, he has lifted and pressed the inch bell,and yes he was a great olympic lifter. But in a true strongman contest with the events that are done today, He would not do well at all.