Q About Grip Equip. At Wwwfitness

austinslater

does anyone have an opinion about the grip stuff sold at weightlifters warehouse? IS looks real similar to ironminds but alot cheaper. Im sure this has been discussed before but I missed it. also how is the quality? thanks guys-Austin

All I own are the BBE, BBSE, and BBWC. Some say the quality of the grippers has gone down over the years-I do know that my BBSE handle is a little lose but other then that the grippers seem fine.

I have heard that the other grip tools are as good as the Ironmind stuff and possibly from the same manufacturer?

Rick Walker :yikes

I have a couple grippers from them and I really like them. They are a diffrent design from the IM grippers. The quality of mine are just as high as my IM grippers. I have an Advanced which is a hare under my #1, and I have the Master which is a hare under my #2. If the other grip tools are as well made as the grippers I have, they are good.

-HH

I would say that whoever makes Ironminds grip devices, is also making the Beefbuilder grip devices sold by weightlifter's warehouse. That includes the grippers.

I don't know who makes the knockoff devices there, but the grippers are definitely not from the same source as Ironmind's. The beef builder grippers are made by Warren Tetting, who used to make the original grippers for Ironmind, but not now. I'm not sure when Ironmind stopped selling Tetting's grippers. Maybe around 1995.

I just looked at the loading pins at wwfitness, and they look a little different than Ironminds. The hub is definitely different. The Ironmind hub uses a round bar to connect to the "hub" the wwfitness one has a plate welded on.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a supergripper and a titans telegraph from WW. The supergripper was in excellent condition, but the box was beat up.

The titans telegraph (they call it the squeezer) is in good shape, but the paint job stinks (literally). It's rubbing off on my hands and must have been applied just before leaving the factory. The box was hand addressed and pretty beat up looking. Thetwo pieces for the squeezer came packed in loads of plastic wrap (like for covering a bowl in the fridge). I almost have to wonder if it isn't being made by some guy in his garage.

In any case, it arrived promptly and seems more than sturdy enough to meet my needs. I'm no gripmaster, but I couldn't imagine coming close to out growing it. At $45 delivered, it's a far better deal than the real titan's telegraph to me.

I bought the TT & the Rolling Thunder (The Handle) from them.

Both items came from Tetting in Minesota, he is the orignal manifacturer of the Ironmind items. According to WW, Ironmind parted ways with Tetting & went with another Co, so Tetting went over to WW.

The quality of the items is great.

Did you know you can order CUSTOM grippers from Tetting himself? :huh

I did. Have his address, and ordered two grippers from him. :D

Tetting has an ad for his grippers in David Horne's

Oct.2002 Iron grip mag. ($16.95 $7 airmail shipping)

Syber, what do you mean by a custom made gripper?