Training On Timed Holds With An Inch Loadable

OldGuy

Recently I trained on a routine with an Inch loadable in which I did one rep a day adding each day 1/2 lb. Now I am going back down to my starting weight of 150lbs; and this time doing a timed hold in the full deadlift position. When I can hold for 30 sec. I will add 1/2 lb and so on. Also I have reloaded the bell to more resemble a globe type by putting the largest 25 lb plates in the center and tapering down to the smallest 1 1/4 lb plates on each side of the 25.s This is to avoid the temptation to cheat by bracing against the plates.

OldGuy, what weight did you reach before you went back down to starting weight for timed holds? Also, is your handle thickness same as Inch D/B or is it the size of the replica?

Oldguy,

Have you tried the John Wood technique for lifting the Inch? That is, placing it on a bench and slowly letting the bench tip away and holding onto it from there? (I believe that is the method he used).

I haven't tried John Wood's method, and do not quite understand it. I just try to lift more, lift higher, and hold onto it longer. I have been at it 2 years now. It is something I have patience for. Good to know that you are now doing all around training. Better late than never. :D

i started doing timed holds with my 2 3/8" handle a little while back after reading what chris james said about them, and i've got to say they are brutally painful. although i can't even smell those kinds of weights yet i think it's a great way to train.