Snowman Challenge Hotel Info

John Beatty

To All-

Here's the Hotel Info for the SNOWMAN:

DRURY INN - (217) 398-0030. 905 W Anthony Dr Champaign, IL. $75 night for Jan 3rd and/or 4th. Indoor outdoor heated pool, hot tub, free breakfast buffet. ASK FOR STRONGMAN RATE! Lots of restaurants, shopping grocery stores within walking distance.

COMFORT INN - (217)352-4055. 305 W Marketview Dr. Champaign, IL. Within 3 blocks of Drury. $44 nightly for jan 3rd and/or 4th. Indoor pool & hot tub. No Breakfast Buffet. ASK FOR STRONGMAN RATE!

Both Hotels are less than 10 min from contest site.

Not since last week. He said he was training finger strength & his only winter goal was the MB.

Likewise, Harlan. I wouldn't be surprised if Big Tony gives it a boost, too.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Hey John, While you have the MB there, Try and get Schoonie to cling it to his shoulder( anyway he can ) and see if he can press it overhead. Heck , I almost forgot about Shawn being there also. Maybe one of these press demons can make history ( I don't think anyone has pressed it yet ) Roark, Mobster am I right ?

You are right - it hasn't. Chris J tried and got it about as far as his ear and then had to put it down. He tried again, as Chrsi does, and failed again. With Chris this is normally the time he goes into 'ass kicking time' mode but he had a strongman comp the next day which if he had placed (he twisted his ankle) would have meant he qualified for the UK strongest man comp.

My plan, no joke, is to to stretched out on the floor taking a shot

of the bell in front of the lifter's calf so we can see how high it goes,

if at all.

I DO NOT plan to be in that position during an attempted clean :cool

I wouldn't worry too much as most will not move it. But for the purposes of 'what if they do steve?' then yes you'll need to be there for the 'who was the highest gets the dosh as per your suggestion steve'

good idea Harlan....have someone two hand it to Shawn or Schoonvelds shoulder.That chould be interesting?

I'd go with Shawn pressing it maybe??

Schoonvled and Tony at least budging it...maybe someone else?? :ninja Never know it might just lay there and glare at us and go knowwhere at all?

I'd be happy with the 152.

Tom-

I think Schoonie could get close. He told me last year he wanted to clean & press 2 of the Inch 172's at the same time. The main issue to me was wrist strength. The 154 kept wanting to roll out onto my head. Shawn definitely has the pressing power, but his hands/wrists are notoriously weak. We always joke about who's going to go the shorter distance on farmers. I think he'd probably not be able to hold it.

yep,he's always had a tough time with the grip and sometimes has a hard time with the 'clean'when doing thick bar and the log...always the optomist maybe he's been hitting the grip and wrist this winter :blink

as a fan/spectator he has always seemed like such a nice guy.. :D always smiling...if he develops some hand and forearm strength i think he'll be unstoppable

Shawn is as nice as he seems. Always have fun with him. So many jokes - the shyest guy on earth around girs that he's interested, ask him about the times I've embarrassed him. our running Ben & Jerry's bet has gone on for 3 years. Whenever we compete, top place on each event wins a pint of choice off the loser. And gets to hold the prestigious Ben & Jerry's cup until the next meet-

The difficulty with the Millenium dumbell being put up overhead was the thickness of the handle .Before attempting the dumbell i managed to put 260 lbs overhead with one hand but with the thick bar at that weight it puts a tremendous pressure on the thumb joint whilst pushing overhead.I had bruising over the fleshey thumb area of the palm the next day.

Three weeks from today!

I have a hunch John Beatty will deadlift the 152 Inch.

What will happen when the MB snarls it ways to center stage and the only sound it makes is :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

We will be heading up there.Not spending the night.4 hour drive-lift the Millenium-eat some cheese cake and leave. :blush

KIDDING!

We are driving up.Myself,Josh Bigger,hopefully his(much larger) Uncle Joe Bigger,and Jason Yako.Jason is a 250lb.cement contractor/carpenter that has some 'meat hooks' and has been lifting about a year and a half.Maybe a couple of others.....

Josh just welded up a 185-solid-2 3/8 handle dumbell...we'll send in some photos next week.it can be loaded up further.Its' an ugly old weight set-esentially welded(melted)to some pipe.Uglier than his 2 3/8 wrist roller.We'll be there-