Which Is A Btter Warm Up?

ruffhans

I always do my warm ups with lite reps on a trainer or #1. i have heard of soaking hands in hot watter, but did not try it. i thought maybee it is would not be a good warm up due to the fact that your not moving your hands.

Last night i soaked my hands in epson salt for about 10 mins to help with pain. during the day when trying grip stuff, it hurt a little.

when i was done i thought i would try a gripper. i shut it without any pain at all and even did prett well! :D

then i walked over to my pinch gripping tool and picked it up rather easy! this is the tool that was giving me pain. :(

wow! was it the epson salt, soaking, or maybee both?

in your oppinion- what is better?

lite reps or a good soak in hot watter.

i noticed that the soaking leaves my hands to raw to squeeze grippers. ;)

thanx dave

I like 2 run very hot water over my hands & then do some reps on a store bought gripper(K-Mart)....Or plate curl depending on what I'm doing!

When I initially heard of soaking your hands in warm water I gave it a try for a few weeks. I can't say that there was any benefit from it for me. I generally do a few reps with my T if anything. I often make attempts at my #3 throughout the week. And my strength seems to be the same whether I warm up or not. I most likely would be able to squeeze a bit harder if I warmed up more. But for now I don't see any discernable difference.

The difference is that the warm water gets the ligaments ready for you to stretch them. :happy When your tendons and ligaments are stretched properly, :D there is less of a chance for injury. Some people don't warm-up or stretch :blink and have been lucky not to have had an injury. I think Sybersnott says he does not warmup.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I know you guys are going to laugh,but my warm up is an empty 20 oz pepsi bottle. With the lid on . 2 sets of 10. Then to the #2,then the #3, Then to whatever my work out is going to be that day. I know, I'm weird.

I know you guys are going to laugh,but my warm up is an empty 20 oz pepsi bottle. With the lid on .  2 sets of 10.  Then to the #2,then the #3, Then to whatever my work out is going to be that day. I know, I'm  weird.

Now we know. :stuart :D

I use hot water. I soak for about 15 minutes then add either Bengay or Icy Hot to my wrists and knuckles.

I then wait about 10 minutes with a pair of gloves on. Next is some triples with my #1 and some singles with my #2. Then-onto my workout.

If I am doing thumb stuff-I do some sets on the atlas with no weight.

Rick Walker :yikes

Guest sjeff70

When I see that smilie next to Rick Walker's name I think what a nice guy Rick Walker must be! :yikes

I've noticed that the more often I train grip the less warming up I need to do.

Jeff :erm

I am a nice guy. I am Mr. Nice.

Rick "No more Mr. Nice guy" Walker :angry:

:yikes

My gripper warm-up is reading "No More Mr. Nice Guy" Rick's posts!! :laugh