Long Arms In Armwrestling

Billerbit

I stand 5'11'' with a wing span of 6'8''. This has never hampered me in any sport other than armwrestling. Just the physics of how I have to set up on the table put me at a disadvantage from the start. Because my forearm is always longer than my opponents, my hand is always farther away from my shoulder because I have to extend "down" to grip up. So what I'm saying is that the angle between my bicept and forearm is greater than most peoples. Other than leaning all the way over the table (my head normally is close to touching our hands) what should I be trying?

I've got the same measurements as yourself. With the little armwrestling I have done I haven't seen it as a disadvantage. Seems to me that it would be more related to the positioning of the elbow on the pad. Set up, perhaps, with the elbow further back to compliment that forward lean. The longer forearms and a higher hand position should and will work to your advantage from a physics perspective.

Yeah, I think it would be an advantage, once you get the upper hand it will be very hard for someone with shorter arms to make a comeback and beat you.

I stand 5'11'' with a wing span of 6'8''. This has never hampered me in any sport other than armwrestling. Just the physics of how I have to set up on the table put me at a disadvantage from the start. Because my forearm is always longer than my opponents, my hand is always farther away from my shoulder because I have to extend "down" to grip up. So what I'm saying is that the angle between my bicept and forearm is greater than most peoples. Other than leaning all the way over the table (my head normally is close to touching our hands) what should I be trying?

What technique do you use?

Mighty Joe

I generally use a really high hook, top-roll every once in a while. I try to keep the strian off my pitching (baseball)

wrist by only using the top-roll on occasion.

I generally use a really high hook, top-roll every once in a while. I try to keep the strian off my pitching (baseball)

wrist by only using the top-roll on occasion.

Try the shoulder roll.

This works great for pullers with long arms.

Mighty Joe